Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I am actually more positive on your side than you are. I think you guys are too well run and well financed to go through a long down cycle the torture we have endured for 19 years. But i think you touch on some important points; when i hear Pep in news conferences he doesn’t seem to me to believe in this team as much as passed editions. No doubt you guys are very much in it for league as gar as i see it but it makes that Feb 15th matchup even more exciting. Best luck mate, hope you guys get CL and let us have the league think how much it would tick off United if City, LFc, Arsenal all had more recent titles.
that would be some turnaround, but for me trying to sg=hoe horn a Centre Forward into a team built on rotational forward 5 players then threading slide rule ball between opponents CB's and FB's is a bridge too far. not sure if Pep really wanted a CF to be fair, i certainly didn't but i just support them and argue with my auld fella over Saturday tea lol

I'm not saying that I want him out, I'm saying that he's going to lose the confidence of players and supporters if he maintains his intransigent approach to his systems.

There's something not right in the dressing room. He's probably responsible for it. If so, he needs to take a long look in the mirror.
To be honest, neither you nor anyone else (outside the staff) has the slightest shred of evidence that there are any dressing room issues. You're getting a bit carried away with hearsay. If you know something that's factual - share it. Otherwise you're just speculating.

If you notice that this game was similar to the Utd game away.....lots of control but not creating much...Haaland barely had a touch int hat game and he was the same today.....

our midfield is one issue but we are not set up right to play with Haaland...cut off the supply lines and he is non existent. One issue here is that KDB's form has fallen off a cliff, as has Bernardo's....and our wide players create very little and NEVER have done. grealish has improved in performances BUT he is not creating anything and same with Mahrez ....

Now imagine sterling, bernardo Silva playing like he can do, Jesus and foden in form around Haaland...energy creativity and pressing....all gone....replaced by keep ball, possession and simple passes or poor crosses from Mahrez and Grealish (who again was one of our better performers today - unfortunately his best is not good enough and neither is Mahrez)

My back 4 today was Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake as they have Kane and Son. We have scored the same number of goals but are conceding far more.

not at all,

one bad game does not mean he's a shit player, players need a good run of games to settle down, if he's not good enough then why is he still in the squad training with the first team, So we sell the best player we have at left back and don't replacement him ?

I think Pep is taking the piss
Which of his bad games of you referring to?

I don't know why you were abused for stating the obvious. There were so many occasions today when players turned back or sideways when they could have attacked. Even in the last few minutes we were more intent on playing a safe pass instead of going forward. Incredible though it seems we appear to be playing with fear.
In Pep's first season we were 4 down at Leicester before pulling it back to 4-2. I think 4 minutes were added and it took about two minutes to get out of our own half. - We just can't seem to get the ball forward quickly, and give opposing defences plenty of time to get organised. That's not a problem if they lose concentration or if we play a killer pass. But we aren't forcing them to panic and we're not playing killer passes.
I don't care how out of form KDB is; he is the only one that can play the killer passes to Haaland.
We spent years watching Jesus ready to chase a great through ball but it rarely came. Now it's the same with Haaland.
The lack of genuine pace in attack after losing Sergio, Sterling, Jesus and Sane over several years is also an issue.

Pep will never be sacked from City, never. But he will walk when the players don’t respond to him any more, and they aren’t right now. If this continues for the rest of the season, it’s not inconceivable that Pep resigns. There’s clearly a lot of shit going on right now in the squad. Dias frozen out, Foden frozen out, KDB dropping off a cliff and no longer an automatic starter. The Cancelo issue. Laporte not being picked, Phillips clearly not impressing Pep one bit with his approach. Gomez being useless and no longer trusted to play. Bernardo wanting to leave for over 2 years and playing like it. There’s just a lot going on and I can’t rule out a resignation in the summer right now. Depends how the rest of the season goes in terms of a response from the players, whether they convince Pep they want to play for him and how comfortably we make top 4, if we make top 4.
Yeah the lineup was crazy today for me a real head scratcher, people were talking about Dias as one best CBs in the world now he is frozen out. Foden’s drop in form has been real puzzling, Pep himself doesn’t seem convinced this is a big match to tinker and expert with. But i would love to break our duck, no joke the i want you guys to pull the FA, Uefa double because and just let us one measly league title. We would like to rub it in those pr.cks United faces to just like you lot do.

They got sell Silva, he looks a shell of himself always do impressed with him in passed editions of your teams it is a terrible idea to keep a player who doesn’t want yo be there

Yeah it is interesting but in past years you never heard about this sort of drama and controversy surrounding your club. I also think he might go but would not be fired. Kdb’s drop in form was one i really didn’t see coming. I have noticed in news conferences he doesn’t voice as much belief in this side. Ball is round and no team can win it every year, thanks mate. Good luck to you guys in every competition except League obviously lol.
When the camera went on kdb on the bench he looked totally deflated & pissed off . He didn't do much when he came on ,tracking back looked half heartedly .Think Pg has lost a few of the players .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.