Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Anyone confident about Leipzig? They’re now 16 games unbeaten and haven’t lost since 17th September. They are going to be worth a punt I reckon.
I watched them a few weeks ago. They were impressive, a lot of good players and they moved the ball forward pretty quickly.

I can only assume that you have been enjoying a few Camden Carrots whilst watching the game this afternoon when you posted this lol!
Perhaps it's because I've watched City for over 60 years and have experienced a bit of the 'off field' side of the game in that time.

Things have a habit of repeating themselves in life, and we (hopefully) learn from experience. Don't take it for granted that Pep can rebuild and repeat success. That's what Peter Swales thought when he reappointed Malcolm Allison.

Pep will quit City if he doesn't think he has complete control. His need for absolute power will be his downfall.

I don't think Its about who we want as Manager, for me i think Pep is a bit fed up with it all, press slagging the club etc, I think he feels f'k this, The players then get irate and start being prima dona pussies, and it all looks pretty poor. Tbh, i think the fans loyalty over the years - 125 years there or thereabouts, is the only consistency. I think we have had our current good run .... say 15 years. Possibly we may come again, its cyclical, great in late 60's, had a great team late 70's big Mal f'ked that up, Howard got us back on track (Niall Quinn brace to win at your place was the one for me, cold night mind you) then take over changed us, BUT we will drop off, possibly for many years, it's feasible. One thing that will be consistent = we have one of the genuinely most loyal and largest fan bases in the country (despite what social 'meeja 'try and portray) ...whoever takes over and whatever division we reside...just part of being a City Fan...we will be here in a 100 managers time be it Billy McNeil or a Pep
I am actually more positive on your side than you are. I think you guys are too well run and well financed to go through a long down cycle the torture we have endured for 19 years. But i think you touch on some important points; when i hear Pep in news conferences he doesn’t seem to me to believe in this team as much as passed editions. No doubt you guys are very much in it for league as gar as i see it but it makes that Feb 15th matchup even more exciting. Best luck mate, hope you guys get CL and let us have the league think how much it would tick off United if City, LFc, Arsenal all had more recent titles.

No one gets bored of winning. These players aren’t bored of winning titles. These lads look like they honestly don’t enjoy their football. No one plays with freedom they look scared of trying things.
100% Spot on!!
Haaland is about to obliterate the PL goal scoring record. Be a bit odd if he told his mate this isn’t the place to be to progress
We'll see. I'm him and we keep up with these methods I'm in the wind, no questions asked...

When we battered them for six we looked light years ahead. Thats when we had our two most creative players Foden and De Bruyne firing on all cylinders. Now they are sat on the bench watching the side way passing show. Of course no one can blame Pep, that would be heresy.
It was too easy...Pep got scared everyone would start saying anyone could win with that squad and they probably could...

Some people will say more of the same, they being scared of not being top dogs if Pep goes.

Change for change's sake is pointless. Change when it's needed is a different matter.

As I see it, Pep has been given too much power, and too much leeway to experiment. He reminds me more of the second coming of Malcolm Allison every week, bluffing through interviews, trying to justify his tactics/selections etc, while most people can see that it's starting to fall apart.

In a world sadly lacking in top coaches, Pochettino may well be the only answer.
Stupid is, as stupid does !!

it's an ego problem with pep, he can never be wrong, when a player says something back to him about it, they are gone, I feel the players have lost trust or don't believe in him any more and have spoken out ?

you get 1 or 2 gangs forming with players in football squads and all have each other backs, that's when a very good coach/manager needs a middle man, and it normally gets sorted out and nipped in the bud very quickly, but I feel this time the major players have been made a scape goal for the reason we have dipped this season,

could understand if it was finding away to fit Haaland into the squad but that not the reason with his goals total already this season, but it feels more about the defence setup and players being asked to cover the major problem at left back, Pep has tried playing 3 or 4 centre backs and Rico Lewis and never really sort the problem out,

also Gomez ? why is he not playing, got to be a better option than playing a centre back in AKE or Lewis.
why not give the other young lad Joshua Wilson Esbrand a chance,

Gomez???? Are you f**king joking???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.