Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Doesn't make sense that, you are trying to push a positive situation and end with players dont want to be here, why not?
Same reason Sterling and Sané didn't want to be here, happens at every club. It doesn't mean anything's wrong.

Too many people adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 7 at the moment.

You're just assuming this.

"Ignoring personality clashes and Pep will not fix it..."
How do you know? WE don't see or hear what goes on in the dressing room, but to suggest a manager of his experience isn't trying to do something to fix whatever problem there may be is absurd at best.

We have no idea why certain players are not being picked. I've said all season that the biggest issue for me is that the players are exhausted from two tough seasons and there's no respite this season, so for all we know he may be just resting them for the CL matches or the latter part of the season, knowing that there is an awful long way to go yet, something that most on here seem to be completely oblivious of. I do not believe for one second that a serial winner like Pep Guardiola is deliberately not picking a team to win a match for ANY reason.

It does look like something is very off behind the scenes at the moment. Our worst patch of form since Pep took over.

I am not over reacting.

Something is fundamentally wrong on and off the Pitch.

Nothing that can not be fixed though.

That is if Pep wants it fixed obviously.

Ignoring personality clashes between our top players and Pep will not fix it.And benefits no one.

This shit happens with Alpha Men working together in close proximity for a while.

Maybe we need a new Number 2 who has a better rapport with the Players than the Guy who just sits there.

If we are having to field a Team/Tactics to make sure certain established players dont play in a big game.Rather than pick a team to win the game.Then we are at the beginning of the end of the Pep era.The Ego shouldn't come before the greater good of the team and City.
I think the fact that not one player has stepped into the Ferna link between the team and the manager should not be underestimated. I was hoping Gundo or Kev would do it but they are not as vocal as our beloved Brazilian.

I have hope that it will all be sorted out but we need to rediscover playing with freedom and expression very soon or we will end up not winning anything. A few teaks would do it but it is clear that there is currently a disconnect between the management group and the playing group - maybe a good old meal at Pep's restaurant to air differences would work.

Good point so confirms Cancelo had to go cos of his influence.

Doesn't begin to explain today though and that fucking car crash line up.

Walker who has been out of favour and reported to be unhappy comes in but not as full back so 2 positions weakened.
Dias and Laporte on the bench, arguably the best 2 C/H's at the club.

Foden a million miles from the starting 11.

Haaland completely wasted today and Alvarez doing nowhere near enough to be starting.

Opportunity completely wasted, a point would've been decent in hindsight but this result has given Arse a massive lift.

how are dias and laporte not starting?!!!!pep is being a mard to me

Speculating, yes. But there's no smoke without fire. Something's not quite right at City this season, and I suspect it's down to Pep.
When it comes down to things like our dressing room I don't rely on suspicions and this smoke and fire thing you mention. You seem to be getting a bit over excited - drop in form 'Oh, there must be some drama going on.' You're entitled to your opinion but you have zilch/zero/no idea of the state of our dressing room. Every great team in history has poor runs - we're going through ours. And it's all relative - 21 games in and the table doesn't lie - every team is exactly where they deserve to be. We're second - we deserve to be second. Arsenal have played out of their skin - they deserve to be top but no medals are handed out on 6 February.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to question whether most of the squad are fed up with Pep and question whether he may walk in the summer.

The public blasting, first Foden and now KDB being dropped when everyone knows our levels and threat drop so much without them. Calling out in public Dias and now Stones for being injured. Laporte not getting a game. Phillips being fat. Cancelo.. Reports that several others have issues with him.

A lot of the players just do not look happy at all. Reports that there is a lack of leadership within the group, that Gundogan has asked for a team bonding meal. This shit has never happened before.

If you believe what you read and what he himself said- he would only renew his contract if the players were still responding to him. He clearly thought they were pre world cup. We knew there would be a shake up in the summer, but that’s what he thought he was doing rather than the complete overhaul that now looks needed. He’s also said since signing the new contract that he would leave before then if he felt the players stopped playing the way he wants - he really can’t like what he’s seeing.

To be clear, this is not about not winning the league or losing today. Way deeper than that imo. I’d love Pep to stay and build a new side, I’m just not sure that’s what his intentions were when he signed the contract.

Agree. I don't know what's going on in the clubhouse. Certainly with Ferna gone and two popular players choosing to leave (Gabby, Zinny), this could be having a negative impact. Particularly as it relates to rallying players.

The big concern for me is that Pep seemingly does not know how to get the ball to Haaland. He had none or close to no touches in the box today. Teams have adapted. They put two guys on him and say, "try and get the ball". Our game is possession. But it is seemingly now too methodical. It lacks any sort of pace or urgency. Teams that have possession in our final third should be open to a Haaland run in transition.

Our back four should have been Walker-Dias-Laporte-Ake. Why Dias and Laporte can't get on the card on the regular is very confusing.

Same reason Sterling and Sané didn't want to be here, happens at every club. It doesn't mean anything's wrong.

Too many people adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 7 at the moment.
Sterling wanted that big deal which we didn't believe he was worth, proven right.

Sane wasn't / isn't the same since injury and hasn't fulfilled his potential, don't think the Club were too bothered.

Can't be too careful nowadays, madness to allow an exodus of first team quality players. No guarantee of replacements succeeding no matter how much you spend.
I worry about Laporte, Dias and Foden, sadly Bernardo is a lost cause and he should have been sold in the summer.

Good point so confirms Cancelo had to go cos of his influence.

Doesn't begin to explain today though and that fucking car crash line up.

Walker who has been out of favour and reported to be unhappy comes in but not as full back so 2 positions weakened.
Dias and Laporte on the bench, arguably the best 2 C/H's at the club.

Foden a million miles from the starting 11.

Haaland completely wasted today and Alvarez doing nowhere near enough to be starting.

Opportunity completely wasted, a point would've been decent in hindsight but this result has given Arse a massive lift.
I do love a massive arse lift...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.