Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I, for one will not say can't...but I will say won't and that my friend may not be in line with what you or I would want but it also doesn't make me an idiot.
But I didn't say "won't", I said "can't".

Not many thought we'd win the cup match either, and NOBODY thought Everton would beat them.

The back line was not right.

Ake just got used to the left full back role and started to have some chemistry going forward with Grealish. Then you moved him to CB. Genius.

Love Rico but how can it be a good idea to move him to the left facing Kulu, one of the strongest winger in PL? He just got used to right full back position. Stick him there or bench him.

Walker and Akanji do not work together well. Too similar profile. Won't it be better to have Laporte + one of them?

One the front, Bernado no 10 role experiment should stop now. He doggy almost all 50-50s. Mind not here.

Gudo should come on and sub Bernado off by 60min.

He said very clearly since signing the contract that he won’t see it out if he believes the players stop responding to him.
Not after half a season when he signed the new deal. Next season might be his last but he won't go just yet.

but cancelo gets a move in 2days to a top club!!
Good point so confirms Cancelo had to go cos of his influence.

Doesn't begin to explain today though and that fucking car crash line up.

Walker who has been out of favour and reported to be unhappy comes in but not as full back so 2 positions weakened.
Dias and Laporte on the bench, arguably the best 2 C/H's at the club.

Foden a million miles from the starting 11.

Haaland completely wasted today and Alvarez doing nowhere near enough to be starting.

Opportunity completely wasted, a point would've been decent in hindsight but this result has given Arse a massive lift.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to question whether most of the squad are fed up with Pep and question whether he may walk in the summer.

The public blasting, first Foden and now KDB being dropped when everyone knows our levels and threat drop so much without them. Calling out in public Dias and now Stones for being injured. Laporte not getting a game. Phillips being fat. Cancelo.. Reports that several others have issues with him.

A lot of the players just do not look happy at all. Reports that there is a lack of leadership within the group, that Gundogan has asked for a team bonding meal. This shit has never happened before.

If you believe what you read and what he himself said- he would only renew his contract if the players were still responding to him. He clearly thought they were pre world cup. We knew there would be a shake up in the summer, but that’s what he thought he was doing rather than the complete overhaul that now looks needed. He’s also said since signing the new contract that he would leave before then if he felt the players stopped playing the way he wants - he really can’t like what he’s seeing.

To be clear, this is not about not winning the league or losing today. Way deeper than that imo. I’d love Pep to stay and build a new side, I’m just not sure that’s what his intentions were when he signed the contract.
Same feeling.

The back line was not right.

Ake just got used to the left full back role and started to have some chemistry going forward with Grealish. Then you moved him to CB. Genius.

Love Rico but how can it be a good idea to move him to the left facing Kulu, one of the strongest winger in PL? He just got used to right full back position. Stick him there or bench him.

Walker and Akanji do not work together well. Too similar profile. Won't it be better to have Laporte + one of them?

One the front, Bernado no 10 role experiment should stop now. He doggy almost all 50-50s. Mind not here.

Gudo should come on and sub Bernado off by 60min.
It's very hard to work out why we haven't gone Lewis, Dias, Laporte, Ake if the two CBs are fit enough to be on the bench.

I am not over reacting.

Something is fundamentally wrong on and off the Pitch.

Nothing that can not be fixed though.

That is if Pep wants it fixed obviously.

Ignoring personality clashes between our top players and Pep will not fix it.And benefits no one.

This shit happens with Alpha Men working together in close proximity for a while.

Maybe we need a new Number 2 who has a better rapport with the Players than the Guy who just sits there.

If we are having to field a Team/Tactics to make sure certain established players dont play in a big game.Rather than pick a team to win the game.Then we are at the beginning of the end of the Pep era.The Ego shouldn't come before the greater good of the team and City.
You're just assuming this.

"Ignoring personality clashes and Pep will not fix it..."
How do you know? WE don't see or hear what goes on in the dressing room, but to suggest a manager of his experience isn't trying to do something to fix whatever problem there may be is absurd at best.

We have no idea why certain players are not being picked. I've said all season that the biggest issue for me is that the players are exhausted from two tough seasons and there's no respite this season, so for all we know he may be just resting them for the CL matches or the latter part of the season, knowing that there is an awful long way to go yet, something that most on here seem to be completely oblivious of. I do not believe for one second that a serial winner like Pep Guardiola is deliberately not picking a team to win a match for ANY reason.

I am over the result already.

Being honest,we have looked Miles off being Title challengers this season.

Finishing top 4 will be some achievement if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room are true.

Cancelo shipped out to Bayern at the last minute. Rumors of possibly another 5,6, players having fallen out with Pep also.

If it is true it isn't going to be conductive to good football is it.

Meaning we had to go in to a Big game against Spurs with an unhappy dressing room.And our manager fielding a team of players based on who he has not "Yet" fallen out with.

My fear is Pep is unraveling again.

When he popped off at the Fans i thought it was a bit out of order given what he has served up this season.

Tixi might need to call a meeting to sort this all out.Let everyone air their grievances in private.Something needs to change.

We can not let it continue.Something is obviously wrong on,and off the Pitch.And it needs sorting now.

I thought that for a moment.

But in my eyes Gundo is much happier than Bernado. Why don't play him today?

Looks to me like teams have played to isolate rodri, they know he starts things, and without stones we don’t have a CB who can step out to break the press. Which makes the back 4 selection today even more baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.