Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Fucking shit day capped off by Avanti train running 40 minutes late. At the moment I just want a team that is prepared to play for each other and work harder than the opposition. No idea what is going on behind the scenes but maybe the players should see the grief and finances we fans go through to watch them and maybe they might actually pull their fingers out. Only Rico, Nathan and Jack looked like they cared today. If players want out then fuck off tomorrow and we will go again next season with those who want it. Fucking fuming.

2nd in the league, Last 16 of Champions League & through in the FA Cup not bad for a struggling side.

Imagine this place if we were as bad as Liverpool & Chelsea

We're entering a transition period. We've players who don't want to be here.
Doesn't make sense that, you are trying to push a positive situation and end with players dont want to be here, why not?

I don’t think it’s a stretch to question whether most of the squad are fed up with Pep and question whether he may walk in the summer.

The public blasting, first Foden and now KDB being dropped when everyone knows our levels and threat drop so much without them. Calling out in public Dias and now Stones for being injured. Laporte not getting a game. Phillips being fat. Cancelo.. Reports that several others have issues with him.

A lot of the players just do not look happy at all. Reports that there is a lack of leadership within the group, that Gundogan has asked for a team bonding meal. This shit has never happened before.

If you believe what you read and what he himself said- he would only renew his contract if the players were still responding to him. He clearly thought they were pre world cup. We knew there would be a shake up in the summer, but that’s what he thought he was doing rather than the complete overhaul that now looks needed. He’s also said since signing the new contract that he would leave before then if he felt the players stopped playing the way he wants - he really can’t like what he’s seeing.

To be clear, this is not about not winning the league or losing today. Way deeper than that imo. I’d love Pep to stay and build a new side, I’m just not sure that’s what his intentions were when he signed the contract.
If Pep decided to walk away in the Summer he wouldn't of re-signed a new deal in the first place

And the scum are 3 points off us
We still have a better goal difference than them and we are still capable of chasing Arsenal even in our current state. Could of easily got something with that Mahrez chance and a couple of lucky bounces that fell for Spurs (even if they weren't gilt edge chances)

"If you believe what you read" - in today's media? You must be joking. The media have been talking crap for years, anything that will sell, but these past few years have been beyond absurd for media stories. You could at one time have reasonably considered that there must be something in it if the media reported it, now they seem to be inventing and creating situations to develop a news story that they know will create unrest.

I think people are completely over-reacting. I think they're exhausted from a couple of tough seasons which has been exacerbated by having the World Cup in the middle of this one. I've said it a few times but you can see how it has affected Liverpool, they've been pushing hard for the past couple of years and have now burnt out. Klopp seemingly doesn't recognise it and isn't sure what to do, we could be in a similar position.

Regardless of how good a manager is, it can't be easy handling a dressing room full of players who are all getting paid millions every season and know they could probably walk away at any time. Many of them won't put up with a manager who rants and raves so you have to find another way. I don't think that's an issue at all though, I just think more breaks are needed, maybe separate squads for different competitions and so on, but I don't think we should expect them to be world beaters every single minute of every single match in every season.

As I say, it’s not about losing, it’s not about not winning trophies. It’s the first time under Pep I’ve not enjoyed the football we play and I can’t believe anyone has enjoyed the past few months. Pep definitely can’t be enjoying it.

A lot of the stuff I am referring to Pep has said himself.

I think there's something lurking in his background that isn't widely known, but enough to make Chelsea get rid as soon as they had a chance.
A bit of digging fir City to do before taking him on possibly? Due diligence and all that!
Not sure about that, by all accounts Boehly probably wanted his own man and Tuchel seemed mentally checked out as soon as Boehly and the gang came in and started making their changes so the sacking probably were a product of the circumstances and not a deep lying problem with his character. We also have to consider the fact that Boehly may well be mental

There were rumours about his marriage falling apart at the end of his Chelsea stint but I'm not sure how relevant that would be in terms of him doing a good job now.

Anyway, behind Pep and Klopp he is by far the safest bet in terms of modern progressive managers, and his CL pedigree is very impressive. If we want the CL and Pep decides he has to go, Tuchel is the man we go for.

Second best candidate for me is Nagelsmann, despite not setting the world alight at Bayern, his man-management and cutting-edge tactical ideas makes him an interesting prospect. Think Bayern is the wrong club for him but City may well be the right one.

I'd also monitor Kompany and De Zerbi but they need to prove a lot more for a lot longer.

If we ever needed someone short-term I'd love another tenure with Bobby Manc but won't happen.

Anyway, I'd give Pep the Keys for the rebuild simple because he is the greatest, but it is becoming crystal clear the majority of the squad isn't responding and I have to say even though I have tried to supress it, I've been growing really bored by our system lately and I don't see that changing any time soon. If Pep risk alienating potential superstars like Foden and Haaland we might very well be forced to cut ties with Pep anyway

Last edited:
Will Haaland please ask the fucking players, Bernardo especially, why they won’t fucking pass to him?! We had the chance to get within 2 points here and they failed. Because of that.

He’s a fucking goal machine. Pass to the fucking **** for fucks sake.
No point him being in the team if no one will pass to him. Continuously making runs but the ball never arrives.

Are Laporte and Dias being frozen out, want out, heads not in the right place, not fully fit or not training right, or not trusted to play the system that Pep wants or a combination of some of the above. I'm not convinced they're the immediate answer to our problems, but them sitting on the bench for Akanji and Ake feels so weird.

Then again, it wasn't like either made too many mistakes and Dias and Laporte have both made mistakes against Spurs that have cost us the game.

A good squad player to have as a backup and provides solid cover at LB. But as a starting CB, we have have a better player in Laporte. And I am afraid Laporte would soon want out like Cancelo if he doesnt get regular playing time soo .
Well, therein lies part of the problem. Too many players think that they should be selected for every game. If they are not, they want away. Wrong attitude for me. I am not suggesting that Ake should be picked as a centre back ahead of others, but he has certainly not let us down this season and also provides extra cover at left back. His performance against Saka last week showed his defensive qualities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.