Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We conceded 26 goals in total last season
Already conceded 20 this year
That tells its own story
Walker Laporte Dias and Ake for the next 10 league games. Give Rico a rest, he has been overplayed and that tactic has been sussed by both Arsenal and Spurs now
I'm sorry but Rico Lewis is just not up to it. Yes, he connects with most of his passes but there is nothing outstanding there. There is nothing like a Cancelo move or Cancelo improvisation. Cancelo was such a dynamo - so he had some off days - if he wasn't injured he could have got back to it ... and Laporte and Dias. Its insulting to these stars to have an average 18 year old playing.

I don't think anyone was surprised by yesterday's result and performance and if they were then they've not been paying attention.

Lots more of that to come between now and the end of the season and that's not me putting a downer on it, that's just the state of play right now.

Buckle up, ride it out and look forward to the summer.

In the meantime, don't bother looking for scapegoats and easy answers. There's a malaise around City at the moment and we can all feel it. It happens every few years and it goes to show that the kind of form we've had over the last five years isn't sustainable forever.

We'll be back. The real us, that is. I just don't think anyone should expect it between now and the end of the season. Glimpses here and there but we won't be doing it week in, week out. That's simply not where we are right now.

I think fans are worried because they think this situation could be one of two scenarios.

1. We'll be back, not this season and maybe not next, but the club is well run, the necessary steps will be taken, the ship will be steadied and it'll be full steam ahead.

2. Our time is up, we've been sussed, other Premier League clubs have got their act together and their wallets out and the days of trophies every season, or every other season, are over.

The goals we are conceding are not worldies where you can hold your hands up and say ‘nothing you could do about that’. It’s concentration and not doing the basics that are leading to mistakes. How many goals do we give away from misplaced passes where we are camped in the other teams half and they counter us? Our quickest defender is 32, when Stones is injured we don’t have any leaders at the back who’s going to organise the back line and get into people.
We do, he's called Ruben Dias, but Pep won't put him on the pitch.

I was out yesterday and couldn't watch it live so my match commentary came via the matchday thread. Jesus, I know how bad it gets on there but when the running commentary on there for once actually represented a fair account of how we played then you know we were shite.

Also, when has any Pep experiment ever worked?

I'm sorry but Rico Lewis is just not up to it. Yes, he connects with most of his passes but there is nothing outstanding there. There is nothing like a Cancelo move or Cancelo improvisation. Cancelo was such a dynamo - so he had some off days - if he wasn't injured he could have got back to it ... and Laporte and Dias. Its insulting to these stars to have an average 18 year old playing.

I don't think there was anything outstanding with Zinchenko either, but those two are more similar in style than Lewis/Cancelo. He is neat, tidy, decent positionally and defends well. He also looks like he's up for the fight in comparison with Cancelo. That he doesn't offer an all round attacking threat, at such a young age, by no means makes him "average". We're lucky to have Rico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.