Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Anyone thinking this needs to take a minute to actually think things over properly. Whenever we hit a dip in form people seem to think that other teams have figured out how to play against us.

The reality is that when the players we have are playing at their proven level and being putting out there by one of the best managers of all time, backed up by countless incredible backroom staff and with the spending power we have, we aren't a fucking Rubik's Cube.

We've been here at least twice during Pep's reign. I lost my shit the second time around and completely lost faith. Then the club showed me how stupid I was. It's not happening again.

I get the frustrations because we really are a fucking shit team to watch when we're not firing on all cylinders. But people lose perspective too quickly and typically their patience doesn't extend beyond three to five bad games. Unfortunately, I think we're in for a lot more than that before we pick up again.

I don't think we are shit to watch but I get why some people do. Personally, I can enjoy much of our possession play.

The problem is two fold, partly (I think), it is the squad we find ourselves with but the biggest problem is that the majority of our opponents play a variation on packing their defences and hoping to prey on our mistakes. Spurs have been particularly good at that. Teams more and more are adding in spoiling tactics to try and disrupt our flow. Spurs did a lot of that and ultimately had a player sent off but got away with it.

It's proving a hard nut to crack but seems we have another big problem breaking.

Avoided this last night, such a disappointing result & performance.

If we pass to Spurs in front of our own goal, they'll score - theory now conclusively proven after testing it out at the Etihad.

Rodri had the worst game I can remember in a City shirt.

KdB makes things happen.

Every week we are waiting for things to spark to life again. Our football is boring and slow. The derby should have been the wake-up call, but things have continued the same.

What really worries me is our failure's in the transfer market the last few seasons. We now have one senior fullback at the club who is also 32 with seemingly questionable fitness. £45m wasted on Kcal Phillips who Pep can't even trust enough to give Rodri a rest for a single fucking game. Gomez who, let's face it, was bought to be sold on, he wouldn't start for a championship side, but has now become a member of our squad simply to make up bodies. And then there's the players we've let go and haven't replaced such as Cancelo, Zinchenko, Sterling.

With such a crucial window ahead, you have to wonder if we are capable of another summer 2017 overhaul.

There's a fine line between genius and madness.

One fine line at the club is more than enough imo!
All about opinions but our one "genius" continually over thinks things... Martin Samuels said so himself when I spoke to him at Porto Airport the morning after the UCL final.. He said "one day he'll tinker so much that he gets it right"

Shameless name drop but I thought it was relevant

I'm sorry but Rico Lewis is just not up to it. Yes, he connects with most of his passes but there is nothing outstanding there. There is nothing like a Cancelo move or Cancelo improvisation. Cancelo was such a dynamo - so he had some off days - if he wasn't injured he could have got back to it ... and Laporte and Dias. Its insulting to these stars to have an average 18 year old playing.
He is far from average but agree he needs resting now

yeah but that’s on pep and the board to react and sign players who have the ability surely??! we’re bored of mahrez grealish on wings slow midfield soo why can’t ‘the professionals’ see that???
I'm not bored with them, but we've become one dimensional & don't seem to have anyone who'll risk losing possession now & again, by having a go...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.