Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We didn't get spanked with a makeshift looking defence containing a kid being played out of position. We are not fully in tune with playing to Haaland strenghs; despite his goals tally for this season (that is partly down to Pep)

Long drive home for me now. I’ve been everyone time to this ground we’ve played here and not seen us win once. Dreadful! Rico, grelaish and Ake only ones who can hold there head up today. Ref shocking also.

Seen that performance too often since the world cup. I know the formations have been questioned but I think we just have too many players out of form at the moment. If we can find our rhythm we still have every chance of winning the league, however we need to find it soon.

Think someone said it on the matchthread, but that starting 11 is a top four team, not a world class championship winning team. So when you play away from home against another team of similar quality it is very possible you get turned over. They all seem like decent lads, they could all play in a champion winning team, but they're not a champion winning team in that configuration and in that eleven.

Beyond that, I don't know what's wrong. Energy, movement, desire all lacking. Tactics and shape all lacking. Individual performances and mistakes and concentration all lacking.

I don't know why we can't get the ball to Haaland. He's open, he's making the runs, we've got attack minded players on the pitch, what is happening?

Maybe this season isn't our season, and I can't complain too much about that, we've had it good for along, but I just don't see us putting a run together that has pushed to a title like in previous years.

Frustrating to watch.

I don't think it's an overreaction to say we aren't winning the league this season the team don't want it enough yes there's loads of points to play for but can't see it, we need something other than this we are easy to play against
And don’t even think about the Chumps league

You don’t win titles with Akanji and Ake as your starting CBs and Rico Lewis as a consistently starting full back (left or right). You just don’t.

Pep is willing to toss off the season, because he is more interested in showing who is boss. Dias and Laporte watching on week in, week out. Cancelo booted out of the club.

Big summer ahead, if the attitude is that Pep is effectively all powerful, then that means half a dozen out and at least half a dozen in.

If we start next season with Ake and Akanji as our starting CBs, then this is the start of the end. Might seem dramatic, might seem over-the-top, but history tells us that dominance doesn’t last forever. Over the years, dominant sides have replaced their best players with others that don’t reach the same level and they slowly but surely start to move towards the pack. We are currently moving in that direction.
I really like Ake, and Akanji is okay, but your right, I think some problems can be traced to the backline to be fair.

They aren't meant to be starters to begin with, but when Stones and Laporte are continually injured this is what happens.

Laporte, Dias and Stones in the back 3 means we play out way better, makes the midfield better, and gives the attack more chances.

It's not the whole problem with the squad, but it is some of the problem, the midfield and attack has it's own issues too of course, but if the base is off, it affects all of them.

Really don’t think haaalnd suits a pep side. Just doesn’t have the technique to get involved in the build up and we are so risk averse with our passing.

Big summer needed but the links to Maddison has more concerned.

Grealish played really tbf to him as did ake

Why? Maddison is exactly what this squad needs, he's a hungry english player that wants trophies he'd bring goals and assists as well. Bellingham the same wants to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.