Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
The philosophy is simple. The players are not executing his plan. Recruitment does look like it’s been hit & miss. I like Jack but the laughing when we are not winning is not the right mentality. The players lost have not been replaced and standards have dropped. The club need to up their game and start getting ruthless winners through the door. I don’t agree it’s pep fault. Maybe he is feeling it after so many years at one club. It’s all gone abit meh.

Our evolution will hinge on recruitment. Get the right players and clear out the decks. Same players followed him last year and we did well.

Players not performing is our only problem.

Runs and tackles a lot but there is rarely any end product.

Sterling got much more grief over it and his numbers were much better.
Yet until recently Bernardo was branded a legend for running a lot lol or was it not clapping the scousers

I haven't been bored watching City for years, probably the Pearce days. These past few months though, so slow and predictable. So easy to play against. Sideways back, sideways back.
I recognise tactically we've changed but being void of any pace or penetration is killing us.
That falls on Peps stubborn shoulders.
And the cheeky bastard calls us out for lack of atmosphere

Reactions: PPT
I get all that mister, city faces this kind of teams most of the time, it just happens that city's on shit streak while facing the most expensive shite, negative players, instructed by an italian in a fucking hospital...

And yes, football is cyclic and that's on the management to plan and do better.
is City on a shit streak or have other teams caught us - time will tell I guess

we have been spoilt and can’t win everything but if pep does not change then like Wenger (whom was and is equally as stubborn as Pep ) he will be overtaken

I can sense a huge transfer spend in the summer. Clear out of at least 4 players. I’d predict a 250m net spend.
If we keep looking into the bargain bins for players, then the team will regress further next season. It feels to me City are scared of the repercussions if we spend big. Chelsea don’t care and neither should City.
We certainly need 2 ultra quick and direct wingers. Grealish could move more central like he played for Villa. Foden more central too. Mahrez is a great player, but I would offload him in the summer and cash in on him whilst we can.
Mahrez, Bernado, Ederson, Phillips,Gundoghan and Gomez to be unloaded.
Incoming 2 wingers, at least 1 creative midfielder 2 left wing backs and a World Class GK. Throw everything we have financially over a 5 year contract so we can amortise 50m a season.
Pep is the big conundrum. I’d be one for keeping him but I’d understand any of you who thinks he has served his time and run out of ideas.
I think if Pep is willing to stay for another few years then give him the budget. If not, then think we need to be planning ahead.

It’s still not completely out of the question that Pep calls it a day in the summer. It kind of depends on what the players show him between now and then. It has the potential to go really, really bad. The bunch of players that Pep seems to be refusing to play is too large to conclude anything other than there are serious issues in the squad.
Do you think they are unhappy at having to play the tippy tappy football when overlapping fullbacks and faster paced would be better? If that’s the case that they don’t want to play that system anymore as it’s not working with Haaland then something has got to give. Pep has nearly always played false 9 and it’s worked he can’t seem to get Haaland in the game playing that sort of possession football, but us he too stubborn to change because if he is then it’s either sell Haaland or bring in someone to utilise him.

This is not true. Our centre forward is rapid as fuck. What doesn't scare people is knowing he will never ever ever get passed to.
One player has pace then, we have no wide players with pace.
Obviously we need to use feed Haaland more but that isnt our only probalem, we have many other issues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.