Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

This season is all on Pep for me. As much of a genius as he is, I think he's got it wrong.

Pep is that obsessed with control and domination of the ball that he's completely changed his tactics to try and make up for Haaland's deficiencies. His lack of touches, his lack of build up play etc.

He's playing players out wide that keep the ball well and play safe. He's playing full backs that keep the ball well and come inside and act as the spare man and play too safe.

We have lost our dynamism on the wing. We have lost our dynamism in the full back areas. We have so many players coming inside and operating in the same areas.

Everything is becoming too predictable, Haaland is making run after run and City aren't playing to his strengths. It's all too safe, it's all too one paced.

We need to sort this out otherwise we will finish below United this season.

Dreading Arsenal in a few weeks if we don't get our act in gear IMMEDIATELY.

Arsenal play the same team nearly every game. Every single player knows their job. They have dynamism out wide, they force the opposition back because they are coming at them from all angles. They are playing a similar way to how we played in 17/18 season with Sane and Sterling on the wings and Odegaard acting as their David Silva pulling the strings in the middle of the park.

I don't see us winning the league this season unless we change massively. I just don't see us changing much either.

Big summer transfer window needed.

Said earlier in the season we’ve just been turned into a boring, shite team, it’s turgid football at it’s worst and painful to watch.

Feel sorry for Haaland, only City who could have a player of his calibre and then not attempt to get him the ball. Brilliant.

Square pegs, round holes everywhere. People whose legs have gone, too many who are just slow anyway. No left back whatsoever.

Just so easy to play against, there was a point in the first half when we had them pinned back and I jokingly said to my mates bet this ends up back with Eddie, and lo and behold it fucking did.

Mental that we are still in with a shout of this league, wouldn’t surprise me if we turned up at The Emirates and beat the arse.

1 stupid mistake and a crossbar twixt the two teams....very little else.

We're not at our best,some players look leggy and mentally stale and most sub their normal best.

BUT...we're 5 points off top with 57 to play for and 2 games agin Arse who we've already beaten

Chins up, shoulders back and show some gumption !!

Players first.

There's just no substitute for class, people like Tevez and David Silva even Nasri when his head was on right who would always have that bit of time and make things happen when it had looked impossible before. We dont have the same quality now. We also play a system of trying to work it for a tap in but scarcely one player can make a final ball.

What exactly is our threat, dribbling, pace, shooting power, visionary play, physicality, set pieces, we don't seem to have any.

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
That’s a great assessment. I agree 100%.

All the dicks who slagged Sterling off need to have a look at themselves, we have zero pace and some winger on average scored 15 goals a season now we have in my opinion one of the slowest teams in the league , unless Pep starts playing Foden or Jack behind Haaland we are fucked this season .
Hold on sterling’s not ripping it up at Chelsea and has been told that he can leave if he wants to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.