Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

maybe so ? But Pep said once he sees that in his players, he will walk
it's right in front of our eyes, PEP has lost the dressing room because the players don't believe in him any more
Most won’t have it on here, because we have to remember where came from. But you are correct, Laporte and Dias on the bench and Akanji playing. If you were either of those players you would be like wtf

A relatively poor performance today, with Grealish and Ake being the only real positives. Rodri, who I have long been a supporter of, was isolated in the centre, and vulnerable because of that: he had a poor game. We moved the ball slowly, as we tend to when we are not quite on it, allowing Spurs to set up the banks of defenders, and they broke at speed. They did not dominate the match; Kane's was not a superstar performance - the commentators' yearning to celebrate every single Spurs move forward was nauseating and biased.

It was also a poor (planned) refereeing display, with Grealish targeted time and time again with little action taken, at least not soon enough for it to positively affect the game in our direction. Again, we saw Lewis targeted too, yet carded for his own, innocuous response.

What I do not understand, from some posters here, are the reactions such as Pep's lost it, he's lost the dressing room, or Grealish still needs to do more. Those reactions are just embarrassing (to me), and not based on anything we know, nor that can be seen.

This is clearly a season of transition, for us and others, and we are in the mix, but we are not the favourites we have become accustomed to being. I would be happier if some posters would behave like we do not have any divine right, and that we (above nearly all other fans of big teams) understand that football is cyclical, and sequences of unchallenged and repeat success are unrealistic to expect.
Sensible. Thing is, the brilliance (mostly) of the past ten years has led folk to expect it all the time.

With Haaland in the team we're effectively playing with 10 men. He's doing his job in staying on the shoulders of the central defenders and making the runs he's supposed to but no one is looking for him. Has he pissed off all his team mates? I thought Eddie would look for him with a couple of his precision long kicks, but nothing! Misquoting from 'There's only one Jimmy Grumble' - "Give it to bloody Erling"

Just disappointed we haven't scored at their ground in 5 games. Bossing possession, superior passes, matching, or exceeding shots on target, with no final result. Disjointed performance. On to Villa at home.

We need a rebuild, the hungers just not there which is understandable with players that have won league after league.

Need some fresh hungry players who are desperate for trophies to come in. Let players that want to leave, leave and bring in new hungry players
most importantly competent fullbacks and fast wingers.

We are so easy to play against. The last few years when we have 70% possession we were at it wave after wave of quick passing and attacking football which would eventually lead to goals
We are still having the possession but it's slow and boring no spark its just pass with no purpose

What was the point in bringing in the worlds best target man and then wanting him to play like a false 9?

Can see why Pep wanted Kane, he would have suited Pep's style a lot more.

Will Pep change things to accommodate Haaland? Or continue with having the rest of the side playing like we have a false 9 in the side?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.