Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Nonsense. The first half we were well below our best. Not sure what game you were watching.
I saw one of your comments on the match day thread (read at half time), absolutely fucking disgraceful, you need to appreciate our players are human beings who make mistakes and the pressure they were under was immense but you are an entitled "supporter" who thinks we should coast ever game, honestly take a look in the mirror and see if you could cope with pressure like that.

Yeah the tactic was to play below our best in a must win game. Especially enjoyed the moments when Ruben and Rodri passed the ball straight out the pitch. Brilliant tactics.
In all seriousness we played much better 2nd half and got the result. You are allowed to be a fan and still be honest when we played poor….. like the 1st half. You could see a huge step up in urgency after Pep spoke with them at HT.
Defending your tedious first half comments, doubt you ever go to games, your username suits you to a tee.

Just watched extended highlights, once again.
I'd missed the significance of Haalands power in the air, nodding down to Phil for our 2nd. Really pleased with Haalands involvement there.
The pass from Foden,I've had to rewind a few times tbh. It's ridiculous. He looks so comfortable/ laid back..and in control of himself and the ball...does he put a touch of back spin ,on the outside of the left foot volleyed pass?
The ball certainly seems to sit up for Doku perfectly.....Did Foden really meam to do that ,Wow..its absolutely perfect for Doku to collect,at full speed,no wonder the spurs player panicked himself into a rash challenge....the quality of that pass has just done him. It was football from a higher level. ..

The penalty by Haaland was brilliant. No nerves, struck with such confidence.What a striker,nerves of steel.

I actually think that half time team talk by Pep is only half the answer as to why we stepped up 2nd half..Phil would have got urgent intense treatment on the battered feet which several spurs players tried to dead leg him.I m pleased he takes those knocks ,with no protection from the ref,... and doesn't kick off..very mature. Half time i believe gave City medics oppodtunity to lessen the pain.
I still can't quite belive how Foden was able to play such a fantastic ball ,after being battered 1st half. It seems our lads are hard as nails.Fans have to think how difficult it is to play exquisite passing ,when your feet are screaming in pain.
Makes me think back to David Silva being kicked to bits in London at the FA cup semi v Arsenal few years back..never forgiven fhe gunners for that, and never will...targeting ,and taking it in turns to damage Silvas ankle.Arsenal FC should be ashamed of themselves.we lost that battle( Silva was stretchered off )...on Tuesday another North London unit tried the hard ugly stuff
We came through it.

Another poster has said how the players know they are not going to get protection, and that they rise above it...but we, as fans, should never forget the pain our gifted players ( Ederson ..you are an absolute trooper ) go through, to bring the magical football to the table.

I'm so pleased that Beauty outshone the beast in London on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
I saw one of your comments on the match day thread (read at half time), absolutely fucking disgraceful, you need to appreciate our players are human beings who make mistakes and the pressure they were under was immense but you are an entitled "supporter" who thinks we should coast ever game, honestly take a look in the mirror and see if you could cope with pressure like that.
Brilliant. Lol

I think if you look carefully, Ortega starts to stick out his leg before Son strikes the ball, in other words he read the strikers intention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.