Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

If Son had put that 1 on 1 away against Ortega like he does 99 times out of 100 you'd be singing a different song. But all that matters is that we got the result at the end of the day.
Reminded me of the Iheanacho missed chance against us v Leicester when Vinny scored. A bit of poo came out..

First half was a tactical decision hence the inclusion of Kovacic to stiffen the midfield , it wasnt pretty but it was effective , brilliant from Pep we stepped up in the 2nd half and the game opened up when Doku was introuced and we got the job done , the perfect away performance it's what Champions do.
Yeah the tactic was to play below our best in a must win game. Especially enjoyed the moments when Ruben and Rodri passed the ball straight out the pitch. Brilliant tactics.
In all seriousness we played much better 2nd half and got the result. You are allowed to be a fan and still be honest when we played poor….. like the 1st half. You could see a huge step up in urgency after Pep spoke with them at HT.

We were pretty constipated the first half mate, no need to defend that. We turned it up in the second half, and it was vy no means as bad as a couple have made out, but first half certainly wasn't our usual.
We weren't at our fluid best but created two great chances in the first half; Foden and the one where it bounced to safety off a defender's chest. Spurs would probably have crumbled had they gone in.

Generous, at a minimum.

We were misplacing rushed passes all over the field as they put excess pressure on a slow City.

My brother was at the game and here’s a snippet of a text convo we had at HT…
(I’m in blue)

View attachment 119027

We could both see it…one in the ground, one in front of the TV…and were both proved exactly right!

Their pressure on our CBs created the Son breakaway and Doku changed the game when he came on, and secured the penalty.

BTW, he called the Fulham & Spurs scores, too!!! I guess us both watching City for over a half century each has given us a few insights?!
Fair points...however what both of you missed in your 1st half summing up was that we had Foden and KDB kicked to bits , some of those tackles were brutal,and allowed by the ref without any punishment. After you 've been assaulted ,it takes you a bit of time to regain your stride and rhythm as you try not to show pain or signs of weakness..It was a definite spurs tactic to injure our best two creative players ,and imo ,you cannot judge the 1st half by ignoring this element

Tottenham should be ashamed of themselves for their brutality,the one on kev in particular was Tantamount to S.18 Gbh.

Never hated spurs more than I do at this particular time , and that shithouse ref who booked Kova for his 1st foul, he can Fuck right off two.

We played within ourselves due to nerves,spuds over flooding midfield and having our two creative players butchered.

Hope spurs fans are happy watching that every week and winning Fuck all. Joke of a team, their management team should be ashamed of themselves .
Rant over.

We didn't play poorly in the first half though..we played the game the way we needed too..making sure we didn't concede as it would be so difficult to win otherwise.
We were always in control of the game and we knew eventually we would break them down as we are a much better team.
Spot on. If we’re not 3-0 up at HT some people aren’t happy. Spurs tbf were playing really well and we were containing them and pushing and probing as we do looking for weaknesses that we could exploit as the game opened up in the 2nd half.

Yeah the tactic was to play below our best in a must win game. Especially enjoyed the moments when Ruben and Rodri passed the ball straight out the pitch. Brilliant tactics.
In all seriousness we played much better 2nd half and got the result. You are allowed to be a fan and still be honest when we played poor….. like the 1st half. You could see a huge step up in urgency after Pep spoke with them at HT.
It was pretty f*cking obvious with the team selection Pep's intentions or he would have included Alvarez before Kovacic , it would have been stupid to go hell for leather from the first minute against a Spuds team who have proved a difficult nut to crack at their stadium , we played the first half to give nothing away and it worked superbly and stepped up in the second half , we have played over 60 games this season it was never going to be a 90 minute football feast and it wasnt a tactic to play below our best it was a tactic to win the game over 90 minutes.
We played the perfect away performance , got our noses in front and brought Doku on to finish the game , a tactical masterclass from Pep.

A 3rd goal would make no difference. GD is no longer a factor. We will be ‘Champions again, Champion again’ in all scenarios except if we don’t beat West Ham AND Arse win.
So what happens if we draw and Arse win. Surely GD comes into it then? I am stressed as hell about this!!

Generous, at a minimum.

We were misplacing rushed passes all over the field as they put excess pressure on a slow City.

My brother was at the game and here’s a snippet of a text convo we had at HT…
(I’m in blue)

View attachment 119027

We could both see it…one in the ground, one in front of the TV…and were both proved exactly right!

Their pressure on our CBs created the Son breakaway and Doku changed the game when he came on, and secured the penalty.

BTW, he called the Fulham & Spurs scores, too!!! I guess us both watching City for over a half century each has given us a few insights?!
You and your bro are shoe ins when pep leaves ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.