Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Generous, at a minimum.

We were misplacing rushed passes all over the field as they put excess pressure on a slow City.

My brother was at the game and here’s a snippet of a text convo we had at HT…
(I’m in blue)

View attachment 119027

We could both see it…one in the ground, one in front of the TV…and were both proved exactly right!

Their pressure on our CBs created the Son breakaway and Doku changed the game when he came on, and secured the penalty.

BTW, he called the Fulham & Spurs scores, too!!! I guess us both watching City for over a half century each has given us a few insights?!
Are we winning on Sunday?

Foden must have titanium legs, the only explanation for him to keep going after getting clobbered so much. Oh and congratulations on the bhoys winning another title.
He's a fighter, and as he gets older he can handle pressure more effectively. It comes with education, experience, maturity, character. He's not the same player he was 2 years ago, his personality has grown significantly. Phil is involved in both goals, his impact was crucial. On a personal note, that pass to Jeremy's path in the play leading to the penalty, somehow reminded me of Kevin brilliantly switching the play against Arsenal during the 2016-17 campaign, finding Sterling on the far right, leading to our winning goal. Don't know how many times I've watched that play, it's pure aesthetic pleasure...

But the above applies to everybody in that team. They won't give up, doesn't matter if they constantly lack protection from officials, they don't give a fuck. They have accepted the fact they won't get anything anyway. They know it's about the right mindset, mental preparation, composure, sweat and blood. Period.

PS. Having scored 7 in the last 4 matches (provided I've counted correctly), I wonder if that poor League 2 striker has any chance of getting a promotion to ... let's say a Championship striker, in the mind of that giant of British (but very British) Football. On second thought though, probably not. I mean, let's face it, the boy still has a lot to prove...

Think we had too many players that froze under the pressure. In the tunnel before the game most of them looked like they'd seen a ghost, and the first half (and most of the second) they played like it. Gave me major Porto CL final vibes.

Gvardiol looked ok, Foden's desire to win won us the game IMO, Ederson kicking seemed good enough, I thought Doku put in an absolutely superb cameo when he came on, Akanji was superb bar that mistake, but Dias, Kev and Rodri just weren't there for me (Rodri I think we can forgive because he's been run into the ground so tiredness is an issue). If we play like we did that first half in the next 2 games we won't win a thing. Hopefully it was a Spurs away thing as opposed to a big game thing, but I suppose we'll find out on Sunday.
Rest as well, 5 days of it and we should be flying Sunday.

So what happens if we draw and Arse win. Surely GD comes into it then? I am stressed as hell about this!!

If we draw and arsenal win, a third goal at spurs would make no difference. Arsenal would still win the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.