Spurs (A) Post match Thread

Whilst I was critical of both our fullbacks tonight, the four worst players on show were the 4 fullbacks so maybe the pitch on the wide areas was even worse than it looked?
Anyway, didn’t play great, created some decent chances, kept the 6th clean sheet in a row and Kane Lamela and Moura had 4 touches in our box.
A brilliant 3 points, everything considered and all’s well with the world.
Yep on the NBC stream they were saying the area on the flanks would have been where the staff/crowd were standing, as the NFL pitches are narrower. Alli was saying the bumps and divots weren't the biggest problem it was the areas that were compacted making the ground solid. It could have also been why the bounce of the ball caught Trippier out for our goal, all 4 fullbacks struggled in that game.

Last edited:
Wtf was that pitch, seriously a disgrace we had to play on that. Lucky nobody got injured. Should fine them fuckers, a joke they are still at Wembley as it is but to have NFL games days before matches is a joke at this level.

Ground out the win but if the pitch had been better than a Sunday league pitch we would have hammered them.

Just on train on way back. Went round the Wembley outlet Mall before the game, and then travelled back on tube. I have never witnessed fans lacking passion like this lot. Didn’t seem bothered befor the game and after like they had just come back from the theatre. Watch the ball travel across the pitch it was bobbling all over the place. Not a great performance but did what we needed to do. When Sergio went off we had no focal point up front at all. Mendy caught out of position too often but great cover by Stones and Laporte. Kevin still getting up to speed and thought the game was crying g out for Leroy’s pace. We dont seem to have the same momentum without Leroy. Pragmatic win and 3 good points on a shit pitch and a Monday night. Great turn out and worth the trip !

Didnt think we (Spurs) played too bad. Difficult conditions but both teams tried to play football. I think all 4 full backs were terrible personally. You could argue all day long who was the worst.

Aguero and Kane maybe should have scored, Silva and Lamela should have definitely scored. I would have liked to see if Kane could finish if the ref got the mendy playing him onside, but thats all ifs buts and maybes.

Not the end of the world to lose to City and Sissoko had a brilliant game!

Wtf was that pitch, seriously a disgrace we had to play on that. Lucky nobody got injured. Should fine them fuckers, a joke they are still at Wembley as it is but to have NFL games days before matches is a joke at this level.

Ground out the win but if the pitch had been better than a Sunday league pitch we would have hammered them.

How and Why are NFL games so rough on the pitch?

Was that unusual tonight, the use of our subs? Not like Pep to use two such late ones?

I thought Sane might have got on to stretch the game, when we were hemmed in during the second half we kind of lacked an out ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.