Spurs (A) Post match Thread

Faulty Mic?
Sky are proper sly with their sound levels. You could tell a mile off that they were f*cking about with them. When they attacked us you could hear the camera shutters firing perfectly clearly. Not so obvious when we attacked. The levels also went noticeably lower when our fans started singing.

I get your point but Spurs have signed some really good players and some duds. Remember the likes of Janssen? He was waste of money. I don’t think Spurs will ever win the league with Levy. Too many deadline day signings for one thing. Too me they are a bit like Arsenal top 4 is enough.
They are the new Arsenal.
Tight arses when it comes to spending, and on wages. (Ali just re-signed for 100k a week, couldve got way more somewhere else).
Massive investment in new stadium (see Arsenal)
Happy with top 4 and Chumps league.

if Poch wants real success he should leave now while his ratings are very high.

They are the new Arsenal.
Tight arses when it comes to spending, and on wages. (Ali just re-signed for 100k a week, couldve got way more somewhere else).
Massive investment in new stadium (see Arsenal)
Happy with top 4 and Chumps league.

if Poch wants real success he should leave now while his ratings are very high.

he was lucky to get 100k, he's very average

he was lucky to get 100k, he's very average
I agree with Poch, he's pretty good, made them better when he came on, and the pass for the 'nearly' goal was very good.
He's a 1st choice for Spurs and Spurs are a good team. They just dont have the quality we do. They couldve got the draw though, we didnt murder them.

I think United would pay him about 190k a week if they bought him.

Respectfully disagree.

I think that Spurs have underspent.

Competition for the top 4 is fierce - Us - Liverpool - Arsenal - Chelsea - United - and Spurs. There are 6 teams on that list - and finishing out of the top 4 is financially punishing. Spurs are unlikely to win the league - but they need to spend more to give themselves the best chance possible of finishing top 4 (which is now much more in doubt than it need be if they'd only have spent).
Yes this is the point.
Winning the league is the main objective of the top 6 clubs but by definition, 5 are not going to win. The important thing is to be there or thereabouts which means finishing top 4 and ensuring future revenues.
Spurs are in quite a lot of danger imho. They've spent a billion on a new stadium, mostly debt leveraged, haven't bolstered their squad, are playing worse than last year and seem to have a coach who's getting fed up with the situation.
And on top of all that there's been a major professional cock-up with the stadium delay which will eventually be several months.
Success on the pitch is ultimately more important than a shiny new stadium and at this point I wouldn't exclude the possibility of a perfect storm situation developing: falling revenues, spiralling debt, need to sell top players which in turn
adversely affects team results etc, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.