Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

No pep's spot on in that his job is to equip City with a style to open the opposition up and then it's the players job to execute it including take the chances.

The players fluffed their lines massively in front of goal. I would criticise Pep for one thing: Picking Sterling ahead of Jesus.
He’s the one organising the defence. Picking Dinho at CB. He’s surely been involved in transfers and lack of them.

As I haven’t seen any of the game, what’s happened regarding the penalty??, other than we missed it

Essentially the penalty was denied by the referee but around 8pm this evening VAR decided it was a penalty. So all the players and spectators came back to witness Gundogan miss the penalty, VAR not spotting that Lloris was standing a yard in front of the penalty spot. Someone else can describe the ensuing mayhem.

all this analysis and blaming, simply we missed our chances, missed a penalty, got frustrated, lost our heads and lost the game. That's what usually happens.
I’d agree were this a one off. This season it’s a regular occurrence.

So in summary
30.shots in 2 games 0 goals for us
Rags and Spurs combined 4 chances and 3 goals.
Is this just sheer bad luck or are there issues with finding the right pass etc and if it is, is this down to players not communicating enough or issues in the dressing room effecting morale?
It defies any logic.

The miss from Aguero, penalty miss from Gundogan, dreadful pass by sterling to gundogan, mahrez's shocking corner , both of zinchenko's yellow cards & otamendi stepping out of position were all situations that we should have done better in. We played some great stuff at times but costly mistakes week in week out is tough to take. Get Laporte and get this season going again.

The main problem here is once we went down 1-0, who actually believed we had the character to come back? This team is such a far cry from the City side of last season.

i did. Whenever we go down I’m always confident we can score but alas we’ve been failing in this department this season. Still keeping the faith!

The miss from Aguero, penalty miss from Gundogan, dreadful pass by sterling to gundogan, mahrez's shocking corner , both of zinchenko's yellow cards & otamendi stepping out of position were all situations that we should have done better in. We played some great stuff at times but costly mistakes week in week out is tough to take. Get Laporte and get this season going again.

I am sorry but if football is about passing the ball 10 yards over and over again 700 times in a game then we are world beaters I agree, but actually it’s about putting it in that net. Liverpool are proving that you don’t need to pass it 700 times to do that,

last year we were clinical this year we have gone back to peligrini . Too slow too many touches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.