Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

So in summary
30.shots in 2 games 0 goals for us
Rags and Spurs combined 4 chances and 3 goals.
Is this just sheer bad luck or are there issues with finding the right pass etc and if it is, is this down to players not communicating enough or issues in the dressing room effecting morale?
It defies any logic.
Would seem an issue with the goalkeeping if so few chances lead to so many goals.

Just to add insult to injury! Dr Who three minutes in has a scene in a pub with a TV spouting the line: “Another win for Liverpool has seen them increase the pressure on their title rivals Manchester City”.........I kid you not!! You’ve gotta laugh or you’d cry. :-) :-(
Can Dr. Who take us back to last season..?

Yeah, you maybe right. Always feels like we're going to lose when we're so wasteful in front of goal. We were by far the better team prior to the red card though.

I think the players have bought into this as well, and that's 90% of the problem.

It's like if we don't score with the first chance than every subsequent one the players feel less and less likely to score.

Certainly if we get 25 minutes in and it's 0-0 after a few big chances, instead of the players looking like they've got their foot on the oppositions neck, they seem to be looking around saying "Oh christ it's one of those games again" just like the fans and then there's a desperation that sets in and panic in the box and it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I posted last week Sterling was bound to get a muscle injury due to the lack of a sustained period of rest, today it happened, hopefully it's just a minor one. Yet we have complete fucking retards on here calling for him to be sold. You should hang your fucking heads in shame each and every single one of you.

He's been as consistent as anybody over these last two years but the amount of games has caught up with him physically and mentally. This was bound to happen at some stage, he gives everything he has every week and he'll go through periods of good and bad form, now is when we need to support the lad more than ever.

What stands for Sterling also stands for the rest of the team, we've played more games as a club with the league, league cup, fa cup and champions league than anyone this last 2-3 years, we've won 7/8 trophies in those 2-3 years, and we're now paying the price for success. Pep and the players are burnt out, there's only so long humans can keep up that level of performance over such a sustained period, when you've got everything stacked against you (officials, VAR, luck at the moment and injuries).

A lot of you soft bastards on here need to man up and accept we're going through a dip in form, we'll be back, however long it takes.
Well said!

I agree the last 2 seasons have caught up with us. It's hard enough to win back to back titles and 3 in a row is nigh on impossible nowadays. I still believe Pep should have freshened the squad up with more quality in the summer in the centre back and left back positions and possibly another striker although Aguero is still playing well as is Jesus when he gets the chance. Sign Matt le tissier just to come on for penalties as in nfl special teams:-)
We nearly got Fred..

Pep probably came on here and found it infested with Dipper twats. It gets to me. All coming out of the woodwork after years of premature celebrations at this time of year and having to get refunds on their champions of Premier league t shirts come May
Our full strength side is better than theirs.

I’m still not sure why he got a foul given against him, let alone a second yellow and sent off. The game has become too precious. It was a shoulder charge, plain and simple. We are losing the essence of the physical aspects of the game.
No CB, it was a foul plain and simple. Made no attempt to get near the ball. Soft, yes, but a foul nontheless

yup that’s true. Both feet were off tho. It’s a really tough call on field. Given VAR can pick up on encroachment I’m not sure why it isn’t allowed to monitor this. But that’s VAR - badly thought out
I know, I was just making a point about the rule - a rule that is rarely enforced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.