Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Pep needs to start thinking outside the box a little more, it was obvious from the first minute that spurs were going to play the classic 10 behind the ball, park the bus and catch us on the break game, so why engage with them and let them dictate the style of play ? If we had held off and kept the ball and not attacked and literally stayed in our half then yes it's a boring spectacle, but some times you have to fight fire with fire, we need to break this negative approach to how teams set up against us, it's stupid just going gung ho up against a brick wall defence if we don't have the tactics to beat it. If we didn't try and play football against these style of teams and basically call there style of football out, then very soon they would be forced to change tactics against us. Can you imagine if for a couple of games against bus parkers we didn't even try and get on the bus! kill the spectacle as a game of football for the cameras and see how long Sky and BT call bus parking a masterclass in defending .

agree its virtually only klopp who now goes toe to toe with us, teams would be mad to do this as we would kill them on the break, people have to understand this is a high class spurs team who literally parked the bus, they even mentioned it with the graphic not quite resembling a bus. pep sometimes has to sacrifice his principles, the big difference yesterday was harry kane, he was unplayable.

ok after a not good nights sleep, which i thought i have got out of after a defeat !

it is being said that teams dont fear us any more, if that is true why do they changed their style when playing us ? Do spurs always play a 6-5 formation ? Ever team we play seems to play this style. If teams dont fear us come and play football give the fans a good game not a attack v defence training game.

one thing i did notice was City didnt knock it about in our half we normally when doing that include Eddy to try and draw the team out. I dont remember once City doing this. That said i believe teams now wont be drawn out but will stay within 18 yards of their box like spurs did. Teams now Pep teams will try and play football to score goals perhaps for one game Pep set up like spurs play a 5-6 line up , make the other team play, if the other team wont it will be a bloody boring 90 minutes but a point made ! that City can do a maureen master class to !! Spurs knew City arent in good form yet still went 5-6 formation still didnt think they could out play us at football, spurs played in a scared way against an out of form City. Yet maureen gets praise for not having the bottle to go toe to toe against an out of form City.

i have said before now with no fans in the ground it would be funny if City just kick of by hitting into the other teams half and than set up to defend in the 10yards in front of our box. What would maureen have done if we set up like that ? Would it have been a game of both teams giving the ball back to each other ? would it been seen as a Pep master class of defending ? Both teams sitting deep wanting to counter attack the press would blame City for being anti football.
People moan about this player that player but it cant be much fun playing in these type of games weekly. City could buy the best winger in the world yet when he comes to us he now has 2 or 3 players marking him with no room to run.

I dont know the answer of how to breakdown a deep lying back 11 who wont be pulled out of position,

I dont watch other matches so i dont know if liverpool/utd/spurs etc have to play against teams that park the bus every game, the games i have seen seem to be more open, liverpool forwards have room to run.Why dont teams park the bus against liverpool and just sit deep like teams do against us ? i find it odd, it only seems to be against City.

As much as i love City and i dont think we should win every game i just want to watch a good game of football but Citys games are getting boring now, same every game attack v defence. I know it takes two teams to make a good game but teams just wont play football. I never thought i would say this but the champion league games seem more open as teams in that tend to have a go at City making for a more interesting game.

perhaps its just us City fans who hate the attack v defence games as we have to play it game in game out, a spurs fan will have enjoyed that game but if spurs played that boring for 38 games would he enjoy it ? Spurs use to be a good team to watch or are they selling out to win silverware ? I dont think City play bad i dont think spurs play well, yes spurs played to their game plan well but its not the style of football i like to pay to watch.

Yes our cutting edge is missing but with teams sitting so deep now against us i am not sure even with our cutting edge we would many goals. People say we miss Sane what space would he have had to run in to use his pace ? unless City can pull teams out of shape we have very little room to play, spurs stayed in shape 10 yrds in front of their box most of the game.

my sunday ramble/rant over CTID !

Last edited:
I've just watched MOTD on catch up and it doesn't get any better. How Mahrez and Bernardo get into the team over Foden I have no idea. He works harder, passes better and carries more goal threat than the two of them combined. The main talking point, our disallowed goal.wasnt even discussed, unbelievable.

He
He has a good position problem is Pep just wouldn't play him there!
Right of a front 3? Would hope for better there myself if we want to be the best in Europe. Someone with pace,who’ll go past defenders and score 20 a season.

Pep needs to start thinking outside the box a little more, it was obvious from the first minute that spurs were going to play the classic 10 behind the ball, park the bus and catch us on the break game, so why engage with them and let them dictate the style of play ? If we had held off and kept the ball and not attacked and literally stayed in our half then yes it's a boring spectacle, but some times you have to fight fire with fire, we need to break this negative approach to how teams set up against us, it's stupid just going gung ho up against a brick wall defence if we don't have the tactics to beat it. If we didn't try and play football against these style of teams and basically call there style of football out, then very soon they would be forced to change tactics against us. Can you imagine if for a couple of games against bus parkers we didn't even try and get on the bus! kill the spectacle as a game of football for the cameras and see how long Sky and BT call bus parking a masterclass in defending .

agree 100% its not down to City to try and put a show on for the public ! personally i would have found it funny if City had just sat back as well !

agree 100% its not down to City to try and put a show on for the public ! personally i would have found it funny if City had just sat back as well !
Yeah, he must be the only manager in the PL who thinks that football should be an entertaining spectacle and can only be played in an artistic way. The rest just want to gobble up the points no matter how many fuckin' pens they have as retakes.

I dont think it has anything to do wit contract or Pep`s commitment. This has everything to do with systems and our needs altering what was truly one of the best systems ever but its been found out.

Last night was woeful
I turned it off with 10 minutes to go
They bore me.

Yeah, he must be the only manager in the PL who thinks that football should be an entertaining spectacle and can only be played in an artistic way. The rest just want to gobble up the points no matter how many fuckin' pens they have as retakes.
Only thing is it’s not even entertaining anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.