Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

What the fuck has gone wrong with us, for years you could rely on City outscoring everyone, in terms of total goals. Now it’s an event if we manage to get one, players trying too hard to walk it in, massive build ups that fizzle out, corners nobody gives a fuck about because you just know, it’ll get cleared.
Either luck isn’t with us, or something needs changing.

What the fuck has gone wrong with us, for years you could rely on City outscoring everyone, in terms of total goals. Now it’s an event if we manage to get one, players trying too hard to walk it in, massive build ups that fizzle out, corners nobody gives a fuck about because you just know, it’ll get cleared.
Either luck isn’t with us, or something needs changing.

Luck can make a big difference in a single game but tends to even out over a season. It is why the league is more respected than the cups. Our current poor performance isn’t down to luck. Injuries haven’t helped but players like Mahrez and Bernardo are wildly out of form and shouldn’t be starting games.

Kev is overrated? What the actual fuck? Worst piece of shit I've ever read in my life. Kev doesn't influence games? Have u seen his fucking stats since we signed him?

I hope this is a Clarkie, if not you're simply not a blue and you're on the WUM.
Mate, I’m diss appointed but, please, when we start slagging KDB we have lost the plot. He is knackered, needs a rest , but he is world class and runs the midfield, no one to help him now David Silva has gone...

He's burnt out and clearly is hating football in empty stadiums.

He was also angry after the Lyon defeat, his total respect for his manager was lost from that game as was much of the dressing room.

His form is worrying and I can't see anything changing soon.
Totally agree, and to advocate 5 subs snd hardly use any or wait for the last 15 mins is infuriating, hope he hasn’t lost the dressing room

Mate, I’m diss appointed but, please, when we start slagging KDB we have lost the plot. He is knackered, needs a rest , but he is world class and runs the midfield, no one to help him now David Silva has gone...
Have to agree he is world class, but everyone is in the same boat, possession wins us Fuck all as we have seen before, but every team are in the same position as City to many games and cannot afford to rest players

Bernardo has had a below par 12 months by his own standards but the guy is absolutely mustard.

if you’re after poor recruitment look no further than bringing in Mahrez and giving Sane less game time. Trying to fix something that not only wasn’t broken, but was working perfectly well.
He was very average during his first season, very good in his 2nd and has been totally ineffective for the last 18 months. Bang on track for one good season in 4 and at 26 still doesn’t clearly have a best position.

We get any of those 3 in and this board in a month will be filled with posters who hate the negative football etc. Two of those managers the game at that level has gone past. And Pochettino isn't being employed by big clubs for a reason, what that is I'm unsure of.

Hypothetically if we employed one of those three would we be better then we are now? I doubt it.

We've reached the end of a cycle, a extremely successful one and are regenerating our squad. Unfortunately it will take time, and to do that and contend for titles isn't a easy task. Having said that there are still 29 games to go, I don't see this lull lasting all season, nor do I see it lasting another month. It will come good, you can see it in bursts it's just not coming together yet.

Having said that if the three names mentioned or Pep is the manager choice, it's Pep everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Pep's first season we went through similar and that turned out fine for us all, I'm expecting similar.
Only one of those plays negative football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.