Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Did PiGMOB think Dean did such a great job last year that it was safe to ensure the outcome again with him?
Some of these refs love it when we’re struggling and twist the knife. Typical of his performance yesterday was when he gave us a free kick then immediately blew the final whistle. I think he did the same at half time. And any 50/50 var decisions invariably go against us.

How many games do we have to lose in the same manner before we actually change things around?
We all know Pep is stubborn though so it could take a long time.
So many times Ederson is left in a one on one situation and it's unfair to blame him. This system is the fault and the high line that we adopt doesn't help.
Possession is great if you use it to create opportunities but often it's passed side to side in front of a 10 man defence.
Time for a change Pep.

What annoys me about yesterday (apart from the result, the below par perfomanace from some key players and the hand / shoulder ball incident) is why was Aguero on the bench?

He's either there in case we are losing a need goals(!!!) or he wanted a trip down to London to do some xmas shopping...

If Pep had no intention if risking Aguero yesterday then why take him at all and why not have Delap on the bench???? From what I've seen of Delap (which I admit isn't a lot) he's the type of player that's a real handful for defences - I would have loved to see him have a crack at Spurs yesterday but.... *Sigh*

Did PiGMOB think Dean did such a great job last year that it was safe to ensure the outcome again with him?

Dean has shafted us so many times that they probably did it just for a laugh and opened a book on which of us would benefit.

When I first saw he was the ref I was ready to concede the match there and then until I remembered he's been about as bad for you

Watching the game again, it is clear that certain players are not good enough - mahrez and rodri stand out both in attacking and defensive terms

But looking at the players instead of watching where the ball is and there is a massive lack of chemistry missing with players being on the same wavelength

It is very fractured and looks like it is being forced,

players not driving in to the danger zones but instead stopping and going backwards allowing the oppo team to get back behind the ball

Jesus not making the correct runs when KDB has the ball is not great considering the length of time both players have been at the club and they should know each others game inside out - especially jesus to run that channel where KDB puts it.

We have problems and Pep needs to get it sorted asap

What annoys me about yesterday (apart from the result, the below par perfomanace from some key players and the hand / shoulder ball incident) is why was Aguero on the bench?
Because Jesus was on field? And Agüero just returned from two back to back injuries.

Jesus not making the correct runs when KDB has the ball is not great considering the length of time both players have been at the club and they should know each others game inside out - especially jesus to run that channel where KDB puts it.

We have problems and Pep needs to get it sorted asap
A lot of posters here came after me when I said yesterday Jesus makes irrelevant runs and is one of the players that should be sold in summer. He has been given too many chances imo. This season ,if he doesn't step up to fill Agüero's boots , I don't see any purpose of him keeping him in our team.

A lot of posters here came after me when I said yesterday Jesus makes irrelevant runs and is one of the players that should be sold in summer. He has been given too many chances imo. This season ,if he doesn't step up to fill Agüero's boots , I don't see any purpose of him keeping him in our team.
I thought Jesus looked the most dangerous and most "on it" of all our attacking players yesterday to be fair...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.