Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I was watching that and fuming. Carragher and Howe both chuckling at Kane basically cheating. If it would have been one of our players the tone would have been very different and they would have said, " It's outrageously he does it every game! How are the refs not seeing it??? It's tactical fouling and cheating and should be stamped out." Those quotes would have been headlines on every tabloid back page and then discussed to death on every football programme until it was, "The dark arts at work, City cheating their way to the title" or other such bollocks. The double standards really wind me up.

As for Pep he has to come up with something new. We had two great seasons using these tactics but they've now been sussed. We lost nine games in the league last season and have already lost two this one and it will easily be nine again if we carry on regardless. I watched Liverpool absolutely bully and destroy a Leicester side that thrashed us 5-2 and they looked miles ahead of us. Fast direct play, pressing, aggression, quick one two's, balls whipped into the box, injuries or not I see them strolling to the title again, depressingly.
Can anyone remember the UK broadcasters take, when Sterling tripped over the turf and got a penalty without asking for one, in a CL game? I know the rival fans went on about him being a cheat for weeks after, so they couldn't have defended his corner much. The narrative is always different for City, Silva and Aguero got kicked to peices in their primes and because they didn't get the fouls when they did go down, the narrative was, they go down too easy(so called divers from opposition bell-ends, laughably). Even for tactical fouls or any committed challenges that don't come off, they're calling for yellow cards for us immediately and applauding it for the opposition. It's infuriating how blatant they are with it. They know what they're doing and they know they'll get away with it, time and time again. This gives way to referees applying double standards during games, because their actions are justified by the biased commentary teams.

I've been done with Sky ever since they campaigned for Aguero to receive a retrospective ban, for an elbow that didn't connect, as he flailed his arm back in a tussle against a West Ham player in 2016. The player had his hands in Aguero's face, just before it, so it was obviously a reaction to bat the oppositions arm away from his face, but Sky acted obtuse about that part of it. They went with the reasoning that: "You just can't have your elbow out like that at all, whether you mean it or not". In 2015, Silva had to be taken off the pitch after an elbow to the face(suspected fracture, until he got to hospital), against West Ham funnily enough, the ref saw it, no red card, no outrage from Sly Sports. 4 years after the Sly Aguero campaign, we are still waiting for an example of them doing the same for a United or Liverpool player, who have done much worse and got away with it(Fellani and Mané in particular, have had multiple). They're just bullshitters and anyone who believes that Sly would have done the same for a United or Liverpool player, is as gullible as can be. That was all about getting Aguero sidelined for the upcoming derby. The broadcasters have way too much influence on football and we know who their favourites are.

A lot of fans just repeat what they hear on sky or read in the paper, including a lot of the doom mongers on here. As I said earlier, they built up the Mourinho is better than Pep narrative in the week leading up to the game, there were articles, debates across social media ect all with a heavy Mourinho slant. It's all very deliberate, fuelling the tribal bullshit. Whoever lost that game, was in for a rough ride this week, they made sure of it.

Last edited:
Can anyone remember the UK broadcasters take, when Sterling tripped over the turf and got a penalty without asking for one, in a CL game? I know the rival fans went on about him being a cheat for weeks after, so they couldn't have defended his corner much. The narrative is always different for City, Silva and Aguero got kicked to peices in their primes and because they didn't get the fouls when they did go down, the narrative was, they go down too easy(so called divers from opposition bell-ends, laughably). Even for tactical fouls or any committed challenges that don't come off, they're calling for yellow cards for us immediately and applauding it for the opposition. It's infuriating how blatant they are with it. They know what they're doing and they know they'll get away with it, time and time again. This gives way to referees applying double standards during games because their actions are justified by the biased commentary teams.

I've been done with Sky ever since they campaigned for Aguero to receive a retrospective ban, for an elbow that didn't connect, as he flailed his arm back in a tussle against a West Ham player in 2016. The player had his hands in Aguero's face, just before it, so it was obviously a reaction to bat the oppositions arm away from his face but Sky acted obtuse about that part of it. They went with the reasoning that: "You just can't have your elbow out like that at all, whether you mean it or not". In 2015 Silva had to be taken off the pitch over an elbow to the face(suspected fracture, until he got to hospital), against West Ham funnily enough, the ref saw it, no red card, no outrage from Sly Sports. 4 years after the Sly Aguero campaign, we are still waiting for an example of them doing the same for a United or Liverpool player, who have done much worse and got away with it(Fellani and Mané in particular have had multiple). They're just bullshitters and anyone who believes that Sly would have done the same for a United or Liverpool player, is as gullible as can be. That was all about getting Aguero sidelined for the upcoming derby. The broadcasters have way too much influence on football and we know who their favourites are.

A lot of fans just repeat what they hear on sky or read in the paper, including a lot of the doom mongers on here. As I said earlier, they built up the Mourinho is better than Pep narrative in the week leading up to the game, there were articles, debates across social media ect all with a heavy Mourinho slant. It's all very deliberate, fuelling the tribal bullshit. Whoever lost that game, was in for a rough ride this week, they made sure of it.

Spot on mate, who can forget the elbow into Zabba's jaw by bog brush right in front of the ref who of course never sent him off.

Why? Who would want to show themselves up on a public forum by saying they want him out? Apart from the handful of sad sacks of course.
Exactly.

It would feed the WhatsApp group cunts narrative. Wonder what their usernames are on here?

Why? Who would want to show themselves up on a public forum by saying they want him out? Apart from the handful of sad sacks of course.
No one would be showing themselves up it's just their opinion, if people think Pep should go, thats fair enough it's what they think, myself personally we'd be daft to get rid of him. Now all the player are fit again except Nathan, Pep will soon turn us around and we will kick on again

I'd like a Pep in, Pep out poll where you can't change your answer. Would be good to get the Pep Out brigade on record.

Don't think the mods would go for it though.
I guess your definition of a Pep outer is someone who’s voicing some doubts or being critical? Unfortunately the view from your arsehole isn’t very clear.

What the same tactics that 99% of teams have done for 3 seasons nowt changed only that we ain’t scoring that will come in our next 7 premier games where we will win them.
Our tactics and personal have changed that's why we struggle to break the bus down. Ditch this inverted wingers bollocks and get back to stretching defences and creating a bit of space to work in centrally, and we will see an improvement, carry on as we are and top 4 will be a real struggle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.