Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Oh is this the bit where you pretend no one wants Pep out and it's just people being mean about doubters?

Read the Pep performance thread, the post-match thread, there are plenty of people who have explicitly said they want Pep out, he shouldn't have been given an extension and he's "yesterday's man", "done at the top level" and "has been found out" (actual quotes).

Lots of posters are venting, not surprisingly when Pep explicitly said he would only extend if he deserved it and then kills optimism with another shit show straight afterwards.

In most instances (with exceptions) that’s NOT the same as saying Pep out now. No more than lambasting the team in a post-match thread amounts to ordering a rag or dipper kit for Xmas. It’s saying people are frustrated and exasperated, that we are underachieving, that Pep’s currently floundering for answers and, yes, there are genuine doubts that his City career may have peaked. No doubt there’s also an element of backlash on a few sanctimonious individuals who have preached Pepal infallibility and others who think we should be grateful for anything that doesn’t look and smell like a turd.

Surely you can see this even though, as a loyalist, you currently feel hurt?

If you polled how many would terminate Pep’s contract right now, there would be a small number. If you asked whether the jury’s out, the number would be larger. That’s why I asked you and @Akpowell what your poll questions would be. Neither of you answered.

Most of us will carry on as City fans do: watch how things work out and alternate between elation and annoyance, optimism and pessimism.

Last edited:
Lots of posters are venting, not surprisingly when Pep explicitly said he would only extend if he deserved it and then kills optimism with another shit show straight afterwards.

In most instances (with exceptions) that’s NOT the same as saying Pep out now. No more than lambasting the team in a post-match thread amounts to ordering a rag or dipper kit for Xmas. It’s saying people are frustrated and exasperated, that we are underachieving, that Pep’s currently floundering for answers and, yes, there are genuine doubts that his City career may have peaked. No doubt there’s also an element of backlash on a few sanctimonious individuals who have preached Pepal infallibility and others who think we should be grateful for anything that doesn’t look and smell like a turd.

Surely you can see this even though, as a loyalist, you currently feel hurt?

If you polled how many would terminate Pep’s contract right now, there would be a small number. If you asked whether the jury’s out, the number would be larger. That’s why I asked you and @Akpowell what your poll questions would be. Neither of you answered.

Most of us will carry on as City fans do: watch how things work out and alternate between elation and annoyance, optimism and pessimism.

I'm talking about people who are explicitly saying they want Pep out, or he's done and we need to move on, or that we made a massive mistake extending his contract.

I explained that pretty thoroughly, but you still think I'm complaining about normal criticism or venting because you're trying to pretend there isn't a group of users who actually want Pep out.

I'm talking about people who are explicitly saying they want Pep out, or he's done and we need to move on, or that we made a massive mistake extending his contract.

I explained that pretty thoroughly, but you still think I'm complaining about normal criticism or venting because you're trying to pretend there isn't a group of users who actually want Pep out.
So your poll questions are....?

Ha. Pep out when? Now? End of season regardless? Review at end of season? You’ve not even thought it through.

Why the fuck would a definitive, make-a-judgement-now vote have an option for reviewing at the end of the season?

It's already implied from "Keep Pep beyond this season" that Pep Out means either now or at the end of the season or anywhere in between.

The point, as was stated in the original post you abusively replied to, was to get people calling for Pep Out, saying he was done, saying the club fucked up by renewing on record, so they had to stand by their opinion and not just melt away and pretend they never doubted him like we saw in 2017.

Why the fuck would a definitive, make-a-judgement-now vote have an option for reviewing at the end of the season?

It's already implied from "Keep Pep beyond this season" that Pep Out means either now or at the end of the season or anywhere in between.

The point, as was stated in the original post you abusively replied to, was to get people calling for Pep Out, saying he was done, saying the club fucked up by renewing on record, so they had to stand by their opinion and not just melt away and pretend they never doubted him like we saw in 2017.
Bluster all you like. He‘s just signed an extension and is going nowhere immediately, whether he polls zero or 100%.

There are few on here who wouldn’t give him until the end of the season at the very least. I’ll tell you that without a poll. And, if I was remotely bothered, I could even look through the threads and give you their names.

Put your shovel down and move on.

This thread seems to have degenerated into a vehicle for the expression of frustration with individual players, the manager, Sky, the PL and even Uncle Tom Cobley rather than a thread about the Spurs match. I think we all feel somewhat frustrated and at times don't have much patience with certain players and even the manager. Some on here even go so far as to claim that Pep has peaked at City and it is downhill from now on. It seems rather premature to say the least! The evidence appears to be - as far as I can see - our winning "only" 81 points last season, "only" getting to the semis of the FA cup, losing to Lyon ("only" Lyon!) in CL and consequently "only" winning the League cup, which is a Mickey Mouse cup! If it isn't that catalogue of disasters it's the fact that we have lost 2 league games so far and are in the bottom half of the table after 8 games. Last season was NOT a disaster. It was certainly nothing to compare with the two before it and there were clear signs that the team is in need of renewal, but the manager and the club are both fully aware of this and it is unreasonable to expect one transfer window and no pre-season to enable City to return to the heights of 2017-19! No other team has got anywhere near that level - ever! No PL team had as good a season as we did last season.

Last week Pep renewed for 2 years and MOST on here were ecstatic. Some have doubts, ranging from concern to a definite view that Pep's time here is up. I simply cannot see what possible basis there is for this last view, outside a mad house. I would ask the most obvious question; who would you trust with the task of renewing the team, if not Pep? The charge that has been made is that Pep has not been at any club long enough to have to build his own team to replace the world beaters he inherited. Nonsense! In 2016 he inherited a City team that was clearly on the way down. Two/three windows and half a new team later we watched the Centurions break every PL record in sight. Pep out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.