Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I'm hoping the lack of goals is a lot to do with Aguero and Jesus' injuries, wasn't that Jesus' 2nd PL start back from injury? Sterling up front, with a well out of form Mahrez in support, seems to have ruined the form of all our front line, it's almost as if they've forgotten what it feels like to have a goal scoring threat. To me, it looks like they don't believe they are going to score when they reach the final third at the moment and they wont do if that's how they're feeling. Mahrez needs to be benched, that worldie he scored on international duty, was the worst thing that could have happened from a City perspective.

Defensively, it's just left back where we are struggling, DM too. I'd have put someone next to Rodri in a 2 today personally, but then again, nobody had a good game today, so I don't know what good that would have done.

Last edited:
Play less fifa career mate. It’s not that easy, when we got aguero etc you can also say that other teams were a lot weaker. In the last 3-4+ yrs epl has exploded and even mid table teams are buying 40mill+ players. We looked a lot better back then because aside from United when fergie was there we didn’t have too much of a challenge imo

One - never played Fifa ever!

We are a team in need of huge transition - its not just one issue there are a number of issues....Other teams have improved and gone beyond us because their investment has been sound....

Liverpool - Mane, Salah, Firmino - all bought since we had aguero - who have we got that is at their standard on a weekly basis? Sterling is one....but Jesus isnt (and im not blaming him for today but he aint at their standard). Sane could have been but left......Mahrez (HAHAHHAAHAHAHA) - the guy is a joke he is that bad.

Midfield since we bought Dihno?.....Rodri and Gundogan - would either of those two get in Liverpools team or Chelsea or Leicesters? - No is the answer = Chelsea, liverpool have both invested very wisely buying decent players.....

left back - we simply havenot got anyone in at all - Mendy is the worse buy of the modern era

it took us a season (two summer trnasfer windows) to replace Kompany.

We also have coming up to replace Aguero and Ferna - make no mistake about it...get that wrong as wrong as we have in buying Rodri, Gundogan, Mendy and Mahrez (and there are others as well) and we will have regressed back to just above the point where we were when we first started.

David Silva - have we replaced him? - Pep said Foden but he aint playing him....so again it comes down to Gundogan and Bernardo Silva(who has regressed hugely) - neither are cutting it and Foden isnt getting the cahnce to prove whether he can or not.

you can throw baseless remarks around all you like but the regression of the squad is there for everyone to see

Aguero> Jesus
Ferna> Rodri, Gundogan
Zabba> Walker (and he aint played bad)
Clichy> everyone since and Kolorov (who i didnt rate)> everyone
Yaya> Gundogan, B.Silva
Dejong and Barry> Rodri and Gundogan
Kompany> Laporte and Dias (though he has started very well)
Navas (who was wank) > Mahrez

Sterling ,KDB and the centre halves and maybe walker are the only ones who I believe are good enough to have got into a peak city team in the last 10 years

I thought Maureen was done at the Top level.

I am thinking maybe i got that wrong.

This shit continues,The Christmas Tree might last longer than Pep does.

We are regressing at an alarming rate.

Pep body language,and cheesy smiling screams he dosent give a fuck.

And it is trickling down to the team,half of them are on easy street,

Why the fuck did we extend whilst in decline for 18 months.

What is the plan...try and stay in contention.Until 35 year old Messi rocks up to put a smile on Peps face for the next 2 years.
Pep seems to think that because we're in the midst of a pandemic that football has become irrelevant, in a way it has but it's still happening and you're still earning megabucks as are the players, so you have to still try to perform. I just get the feeling of " oh fuck it" from our lot

Guys, it's not end of the world..

Pep is staying till 2023 - we will come back..

At least now it's obvious what we need and for example in the second half of
18/19 or during whole 19/20 season we didn't know what was the reason and
where we had the problems..

Now it's obvious that Sane was the best winger we had and unfortunately Sterling isn't
that kind of player. Also Mahrez isn't good at all and Sterling was way better there..

Bernardo isn't gonna happen on David Silva`s position and otherwise - Debruyne is out of his natural position..

and etc and etc.

Now club has to address solutions to these problems and we will start to improve definitely..

The most important and painful stuff is behind and that's something I am happy about..

For example, when I saw from the February of 2019 that Sane was on the bench constantly and
we were playing with inverted wingers and etc - couldn't sleep and eat and live well, had some
depression and didn't want to live any more :D

Now I am happy that Pep understands that and maybe he will solve this problem :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.