Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I think the only way we were going to get a win on the form our players were in today(under any manager) was to play Tottenham's game but Pep will never settle for a shithouse win, a smash and grab and I do understand it but I really wanted those 3 point on the board to be honest. In the long run though, once you start getting into settling for shithouse wins, it becomes a habit and I really don't want to see that at City. Lets just hope Pep sorts them out with some more time on the training pitches. Is that it for the international breaks for a bit now?

Cannot believe how self entitled some fans are on here. Sure we aren't playing well at the moment but there are reasons for this, lack of pre season, injuries to key players, new players, loss of form and confidence.
There is too much knee jerk reaction when we lose a games, get rid of x,y and z; Pep must go etc.
I am not being a happy clapper as I can see things aren't perfect but let's not over react to one frustrating defeat after eight games into the season.

But that is the Cruyff way and its the way Pep plays and he will not change. Want something different, get a different manager
This is what I think will happen at the seasons end; Pep will walk/ resign and Pochettino will come in.
I do think Pep is missing his wife n kids and will return to Spain.

I find myself constantly asking why? Why give the ball away soo cheaply? why try and shoot through a player? why so far out of your net ederson? Why Kyle Walker gives the ball away constantly? Why Rodrigo is as fast as a broken down bus? Why cancelo thinks he’s josh Kimmich? Why Marhez consistently comes up the way back towards the right back? Why nobody shoots from outside the box? Why we keep playing the same way but getting no where? Why one attack from our opposition leads too a goal? Every time!
why we cannot take a penalty?

why Phil Foden is sat on the bench again!
why pep cannot see the shit we see?
I ask myself this every game these days!

Until i get answers we arnt gonna win anything again.
Why ??..... because Pep says that's the way forward and if you dare challenge him he will spit his dummy out !!! Its the future and he knows it all.....stats win everything....he said it ....stats win games and goals dont !!!!!!!

Even if, as you say, Pep missed it,
Where’s the intelligence amongst the players on the pitch? Why isn’t our captain saying too Rodri, get on him! Why are our players fukin babies that they need telling or their arses wiping? It’s ridiculous. I honestly think this team has zero intelligence at this game. They constantly and consistently make the same mistakes,
How thick can a collection of grown men be? It’s embarrassing. We have too many wet wipes in our team and no leaders! Zero leaders.

I think the only way we were going to get a win on the form our players were in today(under any manager) was to play Tottenham's game but Pep will never settle for a shithouse win, a smash and grab and I do understand it but I really wanted those 3 point on the board to be honest. In the long run though once you start getting into settling for shithouse wins, it becomes a habit and I really really really don't want to see that at City.

What we are seeing isn't much better !
Conceding after 5 mins against a side like Spurs and it’s trouble.

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic like we were against Arsenal.

One way or another we will have to change some things about the way we play as this isn’t working.

Been banging this drum for a while now, but Rodri is absolutely fucking shocking. Toilet.

Positionally he's awful, no athleticism, runs in treacle and he's out on his feet after an hour.

It's absolutely shocking seeing the contrast between him and the shield and intelligent front foot aggression Fernandinho offered in front of that back 4. It's night and day. Staggering.

So often Rodri's wrong side, he leaves acres of space and doesn't have the pace to get back. It's genuinely painful to watch.

There was a moment in the second half where Spurs played a slow paced exchange around Rodri and just strolled past him as if he was a traffic cone to then be up against the exposed back 4.

It's absolutely maddening. Worst outfield player on the pitch, regularly. I'd go as far as saying he's a complete liability now. Driving me mad.

The best example of the passenger tendency we seem to have running through the side at the moment. Needs sorting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.