Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Having slept on it I actually don't feel that bad.

We controlled the game & limited Spurs to minimal attacks. I feel the Laporte goal was 50/50 and came at a moment where we were dominant and had it stood I feel we'd have gone on to win.

Spurs didn't have a corner, had 30% possession at home, played like a team bottom of the league needing to defend for their lives. Shit house (Classic Moureen) tactics imo but it works against us far to often.

Ok we didn't create loads of clear cut chances but we did have some, Rodri header straight at keeper, Jesus chance straight at keeper, goal disallowed & many times where we made an extra pass. What cost us was the defensive howlers, we shouldn't be conceding those 2 goals and Ederson should do better.

Mahrez needs to be dropped to the bench as he offers absolutely nothing, good player but not what we need.

8 games in and 12pts isn't good but it's very early doors, Liverpool are only 5pts ahead, Leicester 6, Spurs 8 but have played a game more. If we can get a consistent run together and win a few on the bounce we'll be back in a good place I'm certainly not giving up.

Back to my PS5, happy Sunday blues, keep faith. :)

Unless the results start improving he will find out that the owners want tolerate standards below what they expect for their investment and when they act they act relatively quickly.

His friendship and association with the DOF and CEO will count for nought in the end and given they were no doubt driving forces in getting Pep to the club there tenure at least in part is tied to Pep's.

Khaldoon has stated before that Top 4 is the bare minimum. If we fall too far away, not even Pep will escape the sack.

Having slept on it I actually don't feel that bad.

We controlled the game & limited Spurs to minimal attacks. I feel the Laporte goal was 50/50 and came at a moment where we were dominant and had it stood I feel we'd have gone on to win.

Spurs didn't have a corner, had 30% possession at home, played like a team bottom of the league needing to defend for their lives. Shit house (Classic Moureen) tactics imo but it works against us far to often.

Ok we didn't create loads of clear cut chances but we did have some, Rodri header straight at keeper, Jesus chance straight at keeper, goal disallowed & many times where we made an extra pass. What cost us was the defensive howlers, we shouldn't be conceding those 2 goals and Ederson should do better.

Mahrez needs to be dropped to the bench as he offers absolutely nothing, good player but not what we need.

8 games in and 12pts isn't good but it's very early doors, Liverpool are only 5pts ahead, Leicester 6, Spurs 8 but have played a game more. If we can get a consistent run together and win a few on the bounce we'll be back in a good place I'm certainly not giving up.

Back to my PS5, happy Sunday blues, keep faith. :)
I think you need to go back to bed, we have been crap for 18 months.

Same problems every week, dominate possession without ever looking like scoring , then give away soft goals.

The possession stat should be banned, it's meaningless and irrelevant if you don't put the ball in the back of the net.

Football is a simple game and has been ruined by the stat merchants.

tenor.gif
After some calm thinking, I don’t think the performance was extremely bad. Certainly not our worst performance this season but we have seen this type of game before.

Every opposition player defending with the striker playing as cdm and no space for kdb to exploit. Our players are not super humans that would always go past 4 or 5 defenders. I won’t blame our players because they are always outnumbered and I can’t expect them to always go past 2-4 defenders. Maybe we conceded cheap goals but 1 point does not really help, we needed 3 points but didn’t score.

we have to stop trying to break down our opponents sometimes if it isn’t working. We have to force them to come at us so they can expand and we hit them on the break because it seems we are struggling to break down low blocks. Teams are too compact and I don’t expect it to change cause it is working for them.
I think debruyne is good but overated, he

Taking the first game out of the equation we have scored 7 goals in 7! That is a scary stat considering players at our disposal! Relegation form! Kdb aguero sterling etc...what is going so badly wrong?
How the fuck are we still playing a rb at lb! Argh frustrating!
Btw I don’t post much, more of a lurker but tempted to post more, had to vent some anger after that!

anyway MCFC OK
Have to agree. Although I think we all knew as fans watching Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero ect all these are one of a kind and to replace this calibre of player is a huge huge task.
KDB has always been overrated. He's a good player, has a good cross and pass but doesn't influence a team like yaya or D.SIlva did. He always looks over-stretched in his work. Silva had that cold efficiency even in the tightest of spaces and unlike Gundo, always looked to be offensive not simply the square pass

I think you need to go back to bed, we have been crap for 18 months.

Same problems every week, dominate possession without ever looking like scoring , then give away soft goals.

Crap for 18 months but still managed 106 league goals and a 2nd place finish. Add some goals back to our game and we'll do just fine, it's just finding the goals.

I think debruyne is good but overated, he

Taking the first game out of the equation we have scored 7 goals in 7! That is a scary stat considering players at our disposal! Relegation form! Kdb aguero sterling etc...what is going so badly wrong?

KDB has always been overrated. He's a good player, has a good cross and pass but doesn't influence a team like yaya or D.SIlva did. He always looks over-stretched in his work. Silva had that cold efficiency even in the tightest of spaces and unlike Gundo, always looked to be offensive not simply the square pass

Kev is overrated? What the actual fuck? Worst piece of shit I've ever read in my life. Kev doesn't influence games? Have u seen his fucking stats since we signed him?

I hope this is a Clarkie, if not you're simply not a blue and you're on the WUM.

Well, any other season, would have thought title hopes gone.

But it's a unique season, with new league leaders every week + we actually didn't play bad.

As Kev said, the missing cutting edge is obvious. Hope we get the response midweek

My boys are 5 years old. This is the first game that I managed to convince them to watch it togheter. What a game...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.