Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Zinchenko was also apparently not fully fit, Laporte hasn't even been training and Bernardo and Jesus was tactical I imagine.

Its impossible to say its solely down to just Pep making one decision. Pep has done plenty of things in the past that no one ever mentions when it goes well, when it goes badly it is "Pep overthinking it". Every team loses, its a game of football ffs.

Why are you still going on about last season. Move on.

However, I have no explanation for Fernandinho or Rodri not starting. I never stated I did. Fernandinho and Rodi played in the FA cup semi final and did fuck all and we lost, can you really blame Pep for not picking either a few weeks later?
Fernandinho played yesterday, what was the problem that time? Oh yeah, someone else fucked up.
As I said, despite the "brain farts" and "chess moves", if we have a world class striker I remember us creating at least one chance in all those games we lost that they probably put away. So then we would have won despite Peps best efforts at sabotaging us, what a victory that would be.

Had we won the CL final with Gundogan, would we have had people in here picking up on that tactical nuance and praised him for picking a more technically gifted DM instead of Fernandinho, would we fuck. That is football, we are the most bitter and fickle bastards in the world.

The CL final was a one off game against a very good opposition and not a single player stepped up, all 11 shit the bed in that game, end of. Move on.
How odd. It seems everyone else bar you had feelings of forebodings when Pep did what he did for the CL final. As for yesterday, you concentrate on Fern playing, but neglect to mention the defence behind him, which AGAIN gave many a feeling of foreboding.

The warning signs were there from the week before. Of the 5 at the back, 3 of them will probably be nowhere near our strongest line up when everyone is " match fit".

Please stop picking out the minutiae, & disregarding that big flippin elephant stood staring at you across the room. It's not that complicated. :-|

How long is the "start" of the season in your eyes?

In the 1st 3 league games (from a block of 5 inc LC) before the first international game we were miles off the pace physically but progressively got stronger. Whilst very dull at times,we lost just 1 of our next 18 games before Chelsea BUT mentally was mainly very good. Impossible to have the insanely good defensive figures we did during that spell without a strong mentality and a change of application with the drop of the press.
OK, so what was the crisis at Christmas Fernandinho spoke of? Or was he imagining our uninspiring season so far too? :-|

Hence he chose the CL Final as the first time he started a match without either Fern or Rodri starting. Why? We all knew what our strongest team was, so why choose that match to throw this huge curveball? Please explain. :-|

I could explain but I've done that more than once in the past given that I knew on the Thursday before the game what he was doing and why but that was last season; it's gone.

I'm only interested in this season now.

How odd. It seems everyone else bar you had feelings of forebodings when Pep did what he did for the CL final. As for yesterday, you concentrate on Fern playing, but neglect to mention the defence behind him, which AGAIN gave many a feeling of foreboding.

The warning signs were there from the week before. Of the 5 at the back, 3 of them will probably be nowhere near our strongest line up when everyone is " match fit".

Please stop picking out the minutiae, & disregarding that big flippin elephant stood staring at you across the room. It's not that complicated. :-|
I think Fernandinho should have started, but I put forward a reasonable reason why Pep didn't go with him but that seems so incomprehensible on here for some reason.

I agree. It is a cup game defense at best.

What exactly have I missed?

I mean, this isn't "Just one game". We were shit towards the end of last season - and if the players are only gonna get up for UCL semi finals (The manager fucked us in the final) then we might as well fuck this league off right now.

Lets be honest - Cancelo has been gash since January. Mahrez can always go back to being Mahrez. Mendy is absolutely abominable. Gundogan - if we're being honest, has been on it since March. Jesus isn't a left winger, Sterling only plays well for England (and hasn't had one good game for us in 9 months). Ake is not Laporte.

I'm gonna get called a fucking mard arse here but I wanted to post this before the season and chickened out but i'm fucking angry with that shit.
You are a cheerful soul.

Well, we will come good, I’ve no doubt about that. It’s tough at the moment, we got away with putting square pegs in round holes last season, will we get away with it this season, I doubt it. Kane’s the man we’ve hung our hat on, he’s a good player, let’s hope he’s the answer. Putting a bid in might help…

I mean, this isn't "Just one game". We were shit towards the end of last season - and if the players are only gonna get up for UCL semi finals (The manager fucked us in the final) then we might as well fuck this league off right now.

Lets be honest - Cancelo has been gash since January. Mahrez can always go back to being Mahrez. Mendy is absolutely abominable. Gundogan - if we're being honest, has been on it since March. Jesus isn't a left winger, Sterling only plays well for England (and hasn't had one good game for us in 9 months). Ake is not Laporte.

I'm gonna get called a fucking mard arse here but I wanted to post this before the season and chickened out but i'm fucking angry with that shit.
On the Jesus thing - he isn't a top striker either but, as a competitive, skillful, high energy player, and brave too, he has a role to play for us. Whether wide or midfield, I'd play him most games, supporting a new striker (Kane or otherwise)

Only Phil and Bernardo have a similar work rate, plus Jack in a different way. With Jesus,Foden (when fit), Grealish and Bernardo (if he stays) all playing, or at least all in the mix, we have the energy that's been missing plus a helluva lot of skill.

Add the new striker ( whoever he is ) and we are in business. Need to fit in KDB and Gundo of course plus a DM. But injuries and substitutions will come into it anyway. System? Flexible. Just get that energy and quick passing back into our game.

I think Fernandinho should have started, but I put forward a reasonable reason why Pep didn't go with him but that seems so incomprehensible on here for some reason.

I agree. It is a cup game defense at best.

What exactly have I missed?
You've missed how out of step you seem to be with the mainstream fan opinion.

Again, can you explain why Pep chose the single most high profile match in our history to start without Fern or Rodri, having not done so all season?

If the defence on show on Sunday away at a hurting Spurs is a domestic cup defence, why take the chance when we had stronger options on the bench? Couldn't Pep have saved the cup defence for Norwich next week? :-|

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.