Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a cracking game with lots to entertain both sets of supporters and irrespective of the outcome will not determine the premier league, sit back and enjoy the feast of football and as the saying goes:

Are you not entertained?

If we play anything like we did on Weds then I'm predicting a classic.

Aguero has an awesome record against Spurs and their defending, while much improved under Pochettino, still leaves a lot to be desired. Much like ours in that sense and if they get their tails up early on then it'll be a very open game.

I just hope Fernandinho can get his timing back as he missed far too many attempted tackles against Celtic, where they'd be straight onto our back four. Fernando should probably come in for Gundogan to tighten us up a bit.

I noticed on the ITV highlights Fernandinho was picked out and described as Otamendi like for his jumping in leaving spaces for them to run into putting us under pressure. I have to say they made a good case for it but Dinho's normally spot on at wining the ball back and turning defence into attack, maybe Pep asked that of him and he had an off night with it? I still wouldn't say he had a poor game on reflection(he'd be one player you could forgive having one because I really can't think of any) even if he did put us under pressure in some instances we should have still been ok with those behind him and he still had a great game overall whilst bagging a goal too.

Obviously at home they'll be out to make it a game but i've seen their games bar the Boro and CSKA ones and they look a worse side than they were last season..Very stale & lacking in ideas.
A big + is Janssen as their CF..Mans worse than Bony in both touch & finishing.We wont see a repeat of the Celtic performance..Pep wont
allow it.Expecting a clinical,professional performance.

would be a 3 points for me if KDB were playing, the amount of players they'll commit forward would leave acres for the best counter-attacking player in the game.

Still confident we can get a result.

From memory our goal was marginally offside as well. Still it was a strange game with us being completely dominant and deserving of more goals in the first half and them being dominant in the second half.
Unfortunately it was the harbinger of later poor performances as although we had lost to West Ham we had not been dominated for anytime by anyone previously and for quite a bit before in the previous season however we had repeated spells like that through much of last season against the better teams and even the not so good teams like Stoke.

yep our goal was marginally offside , easily missed by a linesman , their goals were 5yds offside , that is stupidity or basic cheating

we are due to play the Rags soon , any idea who will get retrospectively banned against Spurs ? , perhaps Sterling as he is the most in-form player at the moment , i can see him getting a ban for aggressive walking with the ensuing media witch hunt they could probably campaign for a minimum six game ban

Pubs for spurs,just had a quick look and I think I will do spoons at Liverpool st then the overline to white hart lane (20 minutes) then just a 4 minutes walk to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.