Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see us adopting the tactics we used last night of we'll score more than you against Spurs.
We'll be much more solid and patient and for what it's worth i'd play Sterling and Sane out wide with Aguerro up front and play mostly on the counter from turning over the ball in midfield following the "press". The onus is on them to attack us. Son has been on fire for them so we need to keep a wary eye on him. without his goals now Kane is out (injury or Form) they would be struggling to get wins. Can Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Sissoko and Wanyama outdo us in midfield - Only if we let them. Although Janssen is decent he doent look a Prem goalscorer to me (cue a hat-trick).
Tough game but we can win this - believe!

Ihenacho to come on and score the winner. Wish Guardiola could find a way of playing both him and Sergio together.

Ihenacho to come on and score the winner. Wish Guardiola could find a way of playing both him and Sergio together.
I don't see why, you'd have to switch to a 4-4-2 and I don't think that's a good option with all the midfielders and outside forwards City have for the moment.

Id play Fernando in the middle with Silva and Fern in front, Nolito and sterling on the wing. Spurs will come at us we need to play on the counter and pick them off which we are capable of.

If we play our own game and let's make them worry about us and how we're going to play and not us worry about them. If we do this then we should be ok. We have got to start on the front font and don't let them dictate the play, if we let them dictate the play then we could be in big trouble in this game. Hope the ref and his assistants are better than last year, when they scored 2 offside goals that were allowed to stand, and the ref never gave us anything, every time we touch a spurs player it was a foul.

Anyone any idea who the ref is for Sunday.

If we play our own game and let's make them worry about us and how we're going to play and not us worry about them. If we do this then we should be ok. We have got to start on the front font and don't let them dictate the play, if we let them dictate the play then we could be in big trouble in this game. Hope the ref and his assistants are better than last year, when they scored 2 offside goals that were allowed to stand, and the ref never gave us anything, every time we touch a spurs player it was a foul.

Anyone any idea who the ref is for Sunday.
Mariner,yes really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.