Spurs (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Spurs be the next team to win the City Cup, it appears if any team beats us in whatever competition they become the greatest team in the world.
You don’t have to win anything else just beat us at least once, we have come along way when teams think it is an achievement to beat little old City.

I actually have a good feeling we'll do it. Spurs have a CL place pretty much secured, and will have one eye on the cup semi. Wembley has been a good omen for Pep, CL title as a player in 1992, 2011 as a manager, first trophy for City back in February. No other distractions, no having to think about resting players for another competition, 100% focus, and determination to respond.

Will Spurs be the next team to win the City Cthe or up, it appears if any team beats us in whatever competition they become the greatest team in the world.
You don’t have to win anything else just beat us at least once, we have come along way when teams think it is an achievement to beat little old City.
There seems to be a view growing that it is us against the world a kind of conspiritorial view of proceedings. I expect Spurs to be too strong for us on Saturday and I don't expect them to celebrate it in any excessive manner but rather view 3 points as a good nights. Spurs are one of the top four teams in England at present and should we lose we will have suffered defeats to all the top teams in 10 days. This is not a crisis but it does clearly demonstrate that there is not a massive gulf in class between us and our main rivals. In reality the gap is nowhere as big as some on here or the table suggest.

There seems to be a view growing that it is us against the world a kind of conspiritorial view of proceedings. I expect Spurs to be too strong for us on Saturday and I don't expect them to celebrate it in any excessive manner but rather view 3 points as a good nights. Spurs are one of the top four teams in England at present and should we lose we will have suffered defeats to all the top teams in 10 days. This is not a crisis but it does clearly demonstrate that there is not a massive gulf in class between us and our main rivals. In reality the gap is nowhere as big as some on here or the table suggest.

Of course there is still a huge gulf in class between us and the rest. We'll have played 4 games in 11 days and those are all against sides in the top 4 of the PL.

In the first half against United and Liverpool (2nd leg) it was the best we've played this season. Neither side could cope with us but at expected, in the 2nd half fatigue kicked in, we made mistakes and were on the end of some horrific referring decisions.

Exactly.

The City players have never lost a game in their careers and they will never recover or win another game.

The lose of Fernandinho will mean Eric Dier will play like Maradona and KDB will be isolated and ineffective and Kane will score 4.

Levy and the FA have bought the ref.

The bus driver will not be able to cope with the traffic around Wembley.

City supporters will be intimated by the wave of knife crime in London. Nor will they cope with the Spurs fans middle class accents and attitudes. And the price of food and drink at Wembley will tip them over the edge.

Fucking hell. It is almost as if you want City to lose...

Nearly 70% of votes think we arent winning this one. I didnt vote yet, voted draw for the derby and 2nd leg as well vs Pool both was wrong.

Of course there is still a huge gulf in class between us and the rest. We'll have played 4 games in 11 days and those are all against sides in the top 4 of the PL.

In the first half against United and Liverpool (2nd leg) it was the best we've played this season. Neither side could cope with us but at expected, in the 2nd half fatigue kicked in, we made mistakes and were on the end of some horrific referring decisions.
exactly - some just dont want to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.