Spurs (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Velma will be warming the bench rather than stinking the place out again

Team I’d like to see start

Ederson
Fernandinho Garcia Rodri
Walker Gundogan DeBruyne Zinchenko
Mahrez Aguero Bernardo

Sadly not a must win game anymore

Daphne, Fred, Scooby and Shaggy will be involved, too.

Or play in red

You may jest, but it is bizarre how a team in red, at first glance, confuses the eye into thinking there are more of them. It's a known scientific phenomenon that the eye spots red faster and at distance red looks bigger. This has been known for hundreds of years and explains why, before the days of camouflage and wanting to hide from the enemy, that British troops wore red tunics.

I was in SS3 on Wednesday night and even though United went to 10 men, at a glance there players were more noticeable.

Science aside however, I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for red shirts!

All our bruisers on the pitch today.

Jose can't beat us playing football. I'm expecting a shit kicking and Derty Alli going down faster than Katie Price and hoping Mike Dean stays on top of it.

I'll be watching with interest to see if the players are actually still wanting to play for Pep. You know when they're not, the attitude stands out a mile. Let's have a good performance today please City.
Why on earth wouldn’t they. How do you know it stands out if it’s never happened.

Impossible to call because we just don't know which City are going to turn up these days. Top four aside from a total collapse is nailed on, the title is well gone so motivation may be a factor. If we're clinical up front we are more than capable of handing out a thrashing but if not a result like the rags is just as possible.

I don't think your pessimism re City is really justified. We are going to Wembley and Laporte is on his way back and his absence unsettled City's defence.

Motivation is an issue now. That's true.City will likely finish 2nd in the league whatever we do on a game by game basis.

I don't think motivation will be an issue fellas. This team wants to win every match it plays, in every competition. I can't think of a single time when I have thought they have not tried today, or they have just given up. Even against Liverpool, it would have been easy for them to make excuses, but they kept on going right till the end.

We have shot ourselves in the foot a lot of times this season. Circumstances have gone against us a bit and we have not had the luck of the green on occasions, but I still think we have played really well over all. We produce some absolutely stunning football.

I think there is more negativity within the fans than with the players. The players know they still have 3 trophies to play for .

I actually think the cup competitions suit us in a funny way this year. On a good day we can blow any team we play away. We have just not had the consistency to keep up with Liverpool in the league.

You may jest, but it is bizarre how a team in red, at first glance, confuses the eye into thinking there are more of them. It's a known scientific phenomenon that the eye spots red faster and at distance red looks bigger. This has been known for hundreds of years and explains why, before the days of camouflage and wanting to hide from the enemy, that British troops wore red tunics.

I was in SS3 on Wednesday night and even though United went to 10 men, at a glance there players were more noticeable.

Science aside however, I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for red shirts!
It does seem to show up more against the background of a green pitch and I had never given it a thought about red tunics. Fair play you learn something different every day :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.