Spurs (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are signing Giroud AND confident of getting Bale today (posted in Spurs forum)

Too bad , they already faced dippers at home

Feel like Otamendi has been decent in a back 3,

Ota's fine when he's got someone next to him telling him what to do. That man is, logically, Laporte.
Joleon Lescott is not, and never has been, a central defender of true greatness (he himself would be the last to claim that, btw), but he had a brilliant season in 2011-12, because he had Vin next to him.

Last edited:
its built up again to pep vs jose and pep has seen him off a couple of times so its like tyson vs KSI a miss match > ??? jose will be jose and park the bus and get everybody behind the ball and hope to hit us on the break, spurs are without kane so they will be setup with speed on the break and not look to hit the long ball to him and city do struggle with teams playing that way

so with city out of the title race ? will city be 100% focus and turn up that's how i feel now with games like spurs way ?? its like we have no form but still get results even if we don't play well

the game could be a good test in going to real madrid in the champions league because they was finalist not long ago, so we could use it to be setup tight, and like in the derby when 3 at the back stopped the ball over the top when united have pace and spurs will be the same

Pep Guardiola on January signings: "You know the answer."

"Aymeric Laporte is okay, he had fatigue - he wasn’t injured. Maybe he can play against Spurs. Leroy Sane started to train and is doing really well - it's nice to see him back."

Pep Guardiola on the impact of Jose Mourinho at Spurs: "I saw one game and a half of Tottenham under Mourinho. Everybody knows about him, his personality and, when you take over a team in the season, it’s not easy. You need time but we will see in future."

Pep Guardiola on whether he ever considered recalling Tosin Adarabioyo: "No. Laporte is back, Fernandinho is there, John is there, Nico is there. Eric [Garcia] has been working with us a long time and he’s playing good."

Pep Guardiola on the game plan ahead of #TOTMCI: "I have an idea. One game especially and I have an idea. I have an idea, but I’m not going to tell you."

"There's no particular reason why I don’t [do business on #TransferDeadlineDay]. I like to start and end the season with the same players if possible."

Pep Guardiola on why the rivalry with Jose Mourinho didn't continue in Manchester: "Maybe we're older, experienced. I don’t know. I know it was just about my press conference if I say something or if he say something. I’m sorry it didn’t happen."

Sarky,i like it

Pep Guardiola on Jose Mourinho: "A manager with a lot of experience and success. He shouldn’t be judged for one season. We are judged for the last game and ideas we have but as a professional I judge my colleagues not just for one year, over 10 to 15..."

"Every manager has good and bad periods. Jose was there for 15 or 20 years, being [successful] all the time and that must be respected, because I think it is the most difficult thing. Normally in sport, you lose more than win..."

Pep Guardiola has stated there is no news on the future of Leroy Sane.

Pep Guardiola on the future of Tosin Adarabioyo: "I have updates. In the last part of the season, the end of the season, we are going to sit down again and talk. It’s possible to come back but it depends on the ideas we have..."

"We have four central defenders, plus Eric [Garcia] and Taylor [Harwood-Bellis], but I know he is playing regularly and that is the most important thing for the players that we loan."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.