Spurs (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Spurs (A) Prediction

• Win

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 7 games into this season and Bernardo has started only two of them (partly due to injury). In those two, he was excellent against Arsenal and very good against Sheff Utd. So 1 out of 4 is wrong even if for some mad reason you count 7 games as a season.

We are 12 games into the season, and the reason he's barely featured is because he's in shit form...and has been for more than a year now.

She’s not your Bruh ... for starters ...

Re: Mahrez v Bernardo ... Bernardo did enough in one game alone (THAT Liverpool game) that Mahrez hasn’t done in all his time here ... Bernardo was Player of the Season that year as well, Mahrez has (off the top of my head) never been player of a month let alone ... if you really want to critique then maybe quantify what period you’re comparing ... his last two games or four games vs the other ones same period then people might consider ... sweeping statements like that won’t get you anywhere!
Bruh is not a term for brother or whatever - more like a Reaction. I already mentioned everything in a previous statement I don’t know why I have to repeat myself ? Bernardo has dropped his performance since that season where he put Sané on bench. And there were several games after that period where Mahrez was definitely better or at least created chances or tried something,

ofc it’s always „sweeping“ statements if u don‘t follow the train here and have a different sight of view. Hopefully Bernardo starts the next game and gives us his energy.

100% think we will win this game
Spurs are overrated and struggle against any half decent teams, no home advantage and mourinho will set up so defensively as well.
We need to take our chances, last year we should have scored about 12 over the two games.
Also A win followed by beating two lesser teams (hopefully) will put us in form and on a roll for the derby

Spuds have become a bit of a bogey team for us recently , we usually absolutely batter them and end up with a point or a narrow defeat with both the referee and VAR contributing , Pep has a more cautious approach this season and Maureen will never change its all about the result for him , so will take a scabby 1-0 win with the winner off Aguero's large backside (according to Keane anyway)

Putting in great performances on huge occasions like Bernardo did in 18/19 gets you credit in the bank to a certain extent. His performances at Old Trafford and at home to the dippers amongst others were instrumental in us winning the title. Mahrez hasn't ever given us performances like this, hence the impatience with him compared to Bernardo. We know what Bernardo is capable of and we are all desperate for him to get back there, Mahrez still flatters to deceive more times than not in this his 3rd season with us.

Putting in great performances on huge occasions like Bernardo did in 18/19 gets you credit in the bank to a certain extent. His performances at Old Trafford and at home to the dippers amongst others were instrumental in us winning the title. Mahrez hasn't ever given us performances like this, hence the impatience with him compared to Bernardo. We know what Bernardo is capable of and we are all desperate for him to get back there, Mahrez still flatters to deceive more times than not in this his 3rd season with us.
We know that Mahrez has talent but where is his heart for the fight. Does he ever win a tackle. He looks afraid to get hurt. We cannot have that in any team, especially ours. We cannot have any passengers, the way we play.

Agree completely ... however with having been “rested” before an international break and in a big game, when he comes back this might be the game where this kick up his backside works and he comes all guns blazing and scores a hat-trick or something ... if he doesn’t, then there’s really no hope for him here and I see him being sold next summer (or dare I say even January).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.