Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

I thought Pep mostly got it right tonight but I really don't understand why he didn't introduce Jesus for the last 10 minutes. Both KDB & Gundogan had given their all & both loomed shattered.

He had Sterling central, Bernardo out wide when he could have taken Gundo off and played Jesus up front with Sterling drifting out wide.

Devastated after that.
Can’t even celebrate goals anymore for fear of VAR retracting them. Fair enough it was offside but in terms of the handball football is subjective and some officials on another day disallow that. Takes the fun out of the game constantly waiting on decisions - especially when you’re in the ground and can’t even fucking see anything on a big screen it’s ridiculous.

Several reports circulating that the images/replays the ref see's of a VAR incident are different to those the TV viewers see, and clearly not as good. That makes VAR pointless.

No mate it's the biggest game of the year, Pep & owners want this whether you or me don't, the players did give all & for the neutrals it was class but we havnt learnt anything from Monaco & Liverpool we just bottle this big occasions. That goal hand or not it was shit.

Loris although conceded 4 was class with his hands something Ederson has to get better with.
Loris is shite.
We're not even 10 years into the champions league.

As a club we're still trying to achieve better where other teams, established teams in the champions league, don't make the quarters/semis.
If anything we're overachieaving.
Saying lloris is class and ederson is shite in the same sentence is laughable.
Show me some stats to back that statement up!!

I think you should be taking your hat off to the team for going from first whistle til last.

I said on here a few weeks ago that any poster coming on picking holes and highlighting players should do one, this part of the season, the tail end of the season when the team have gave it their all for months and months, it's all about the results and not the performance.

Yeah?
of course its all about results and tonight we didnt get the result so the performance dont matter

I think we do not have the wherewithal to maintain that kind of game for any length of time. We are an attacking side, pure and simple. Everybody on the pitch plays football with one notion - attack. Defend when you have to, and try to do it well, but to choke up a game and invite a team to give it a go is not the way we have been set up. It would work. We can manage a game rather well when we have a couple of goals cushion but when it's on a knife edge and we need a two goal margin, any mistake leaves a set of teeth marks on the sky blue arse.
Not sure what you think but I just new they would score I feel it all the time..

We needed a 5th a fucking 5th & it was good enough, frustrating but gutted we let them in far to easily

Devastated after that.

Can’t even celebrate goals anymore for fear of VAR retracting them. Fair enough it was offside but in terms of the handball football is subjective and some officials on another day disallow that. Takes the fun out of the game constantly waiting on decisions - especially when you’re in the ground and can’t even fucking see anything on a big screen it’s ridiculous.

Gutted for the lads especially Kev/Raz/Bernardo - all three of them were completely possessed tonight and Kev single handedly ran the show in the second half.

Will be really hard to pick ourselves up from this but if anyone can do it it’s this group of players.

I feel totally drained.
Haven't celebrated a goal like that since 9320 and it turns out to be a dud. Could cry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.