Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Another fuck up from pep in the champions league. He’s cost us every year now in this competition. I knew after travelling 6.5 hours to watch fucking Delph run around like a twat we’d struggle. Fed up of always having to try and make up ground in the second leg.

Look at the replay that shows the ball hitting elbow. Then reply back to me that you still think it’s a legitimate goal, and explain why it’s a legitimate goal. ****.

Well he didn't make an action to control the ball with his hand... his arm wasn't in a unnatural position .. which under current laws means no handball.... next year it will be but not in this game... now instead of calling me name's, please settle down and be more respectful

I have watched some crazy games in my time following City but that had to be the craziest ever. What was it 2-2 after 20 minutes?? The neutrals and pundits might all be wanking over it as the greatest game ever but for me that is only true if you win it.

That was the best atmosphere since Hamburg. Kev, Razz and Bernardo were absolutely magnificent and didn't deserve to lose.

Individual mistakes stopped our progress over both legs, with just the Son one tonight their only decent goal. Once we went 4-2 up we should have killed it but we are just not capable of doing that. Until we can we will never win it. Lots to be proud of but in the cold light of day we will be kicking ourselves. In truth the game was lost in the first leg with our alien timid approach. We didn't have to go flat out like tonight but a bit more adventure and we might have had a couple of away goals ourselves.

A monumental effort and I just hope losing in that manner doesn't derail the end of season. Fuck VAR. The lads near me were replaying it on their phones and their third was handball, intentional or not it was still handball. The scenes and feeling at the end when our fifth went in matched the Aguero goal until it was snatched away. Why didn't they blow before he scored? For me it was fractional and I thought it was supposed to favour the attacker anyway?

Flat as a pancake now as the adrenaline is wearing off.

City were absolutely magnificent in football terms. However virtually every shot is going in against us so the issue is our defence overall. VAR is already ruining high level football. It was 5-3 really.

I don’t think I will sleep tonight after that.

I have been to some games over my life but fuck me what a tremendous game that was.

We are the architects of our own downfall at times, especially in this competition but it was a fantastic effort from both sets of players.

We had some players who I thought were Magnificent. De Bruyne, Bernardo and of course Sterling. For them Son made the difference.

On the flip side Laporte was horrendous, Ederson should have done better and I don’t think Kun made the right choices at times and his passing was poor. All three of our goals conceded and the one last week were all preventable and poor. Our goals were well worked.

For me the first game result was always going to be risky. We were way too negative. We showed tonight how bad they are defensively and we were too cautious last week. It cost us.

Still we won the game and if we cut out these stupid errors we will win Saturday.
A voice of reason.

We lost the tie last week in London. No manager is EVER going to be perfect - Pep got it wrong last week.

That said if we really want to win the CL maybe we have to accept prioritization at this stage of the season going forward.

Well he didn't make an action to control the ball with his hand... his arm wasn't in a unnatural position .. which under current laws means no handball.... next year it will be but not in this game... now instead of calling me name's, please settle down and be more respectful

Neither was Otamendi or Roses arm in in natural positions but still given as pens
Might be an idea for the corrupt fuckers to explain at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.