Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

I'll never watch a corrupt league game again, until UEFA are replaced, fuck FFP and Europe.
Your anger is misplaced, I feel. Yes, again we were on the end of some tough decisions, but we have a knack of putting ourselves in the position of requiring assistance from the system and need to learn to control games better. Once we do that, we will win it. Maybe even next year.

There's still an UNPRECEDENTED domestic treble there for us if we want it.

Unfortunately shit defending really did cost us over the 2 legs, and repeating that performance against a liverpool, ajax or barca I couldn't see us winning it this season.

Everyone on social media are quick to forget we've already got the league cup, and FA cup should be a more straightforward task. And now with less ganes to manage I seriously fucking hope we can retain our title!

Mistakes cost us the CL but always thought we're still to naive to win it, but it will come in the next 2 years.

Also take some peace in the fact not only do Liverpool have to beat Barca over 2 legs which I can't see then doing with their current form against top sides, they also have more games to manage and could let the title slip against a side like Newcastle or wolves on the last day, even just a draw.

We get our heads down and carry on the job, any other professional would.

An incredible game of football. Unfortunately not the final result we had hoped for. A missed penalty away, three errors for their goals, and rhe wrong side of VAR.

The second time we have suffered this feeling. The first being v Wigan at Wembley. The VAR blow was huge and numbing.

Let's go and get the domestic treble, it has never been done before!

Just one thing about VAR. I'm not — but not definitely not — in favour of refs stopping the game for five minutes while they watch every single possible and imaginable angle. Regardless of who's playing, regardless of the result.
I don't want the game of football, with the fluidity that has made me love it so much, turned into rugby.

Hurting like crazy this morning. But one message to the manager, the players, and you the fans: wake up, move on as quickly as possible. We have a league title to win. And the next episode of it is on Saturday.

Pissed ...? Slightly. But watching from home I knew we would lose this one. Gut feeling I guess. And I didn't celebrate sterling scoring. Cos overall we didn't deserve it. Why David Silva keeps playing ahead of others just not making any sense. Ederson keeping.... Yes great passer but general keeping is average. Oh well blues..... on to main target which is league. Fuck champions League. Even if we won this tie I don't think we would have won the competition. Barca lLiverpoo Ajax. Tough tough teams. And going for quadruple.... Would have needed a better squad to have handled this.
If that’s what a shandy does to you at 7am I’d stay off it mate

Well, at least we’ve got the quadruple albatross lifted from our necks.

Just go and fucking play.

Pissed ...? Slightly. But watching from home I knew we would lose this one. Gut feeling I guess. And I didn't celebrate sterling scoring. Cos overall we didn't deserve it. Why David Silva keeps playing ahead of others just not making any sense. Ederson keeping.... Yes great passer but general keeping is average. Oh well blues..... on to main target which is league. Fuck champions League. Even if we won this tie I don't think we would have won the competition. Barca lLiverpoo Ajax. Tough tough teams. And going for quadruple.... Would have needed a better squad to have handled this.
I disagree with about 100% of that.
And how on earth could anybody not celebrate that last minute goal.....

Robbed by uefa once again.

1. Clear as day handball, one angle shows it really well and surprise surprise that particular angle wasn’t shown to the official. The other two were.

If the ball hits your hip or stomach, the upper muscle of your arm doesn’t vibrate. It’s elementary. Llorente’s muscle just above the elbow clearly vibrates which means the ball had to strike his arm so handball goal.

2. For me the offside shouldn’t be given. Eriksen plays the ball, Bernardo is defending Eriksen and is facing the opposite direction of Aguero. He touches it and offside is given?? Bernardo didn’t even know where Aguero was, it was unintentional. They are basically saying Aguero is offside from an Eriksen pass...scandal for me.

We gave it our all and were robbed again, we need to bounce back this weekend. There is still all to play for, a domestic treble that’s never been done.

Calmed down a little, was pro VAR but that last 5 minutes, any momentum we had was killed by the decision. Until we learn to defend we will never win this cup, any real quality team going 4 2 up would have seen that game out, but yet again we fail to be able to defend when under any sort of pressure.

Tie was lost at Spurs, we’ll never know but Peps team selection and an horrendous penalty cost us.

Worry is that Mahrez penalty will come back to haunt us too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.