Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We're trying to draw the opposition onto us to pull them out of shape - 'here's the ball, come and get it off us'. You need to be a ballsy character to play for Pep. Ever heard the Nedhum interview when David bollocked him for not giving him the ball ? Nedhum said to David 'But you were being marked by two players?' David replied something like 'No, no, no - that's exactly when I want the ball'. Every other team passes to the guy in space. We don't do that and that's why we're different and unique.
Don’t think that’s relevant to my point. We’ve always played that way, from the back pull them all over the pitch and create the gaps and space. This season we have done that but a much slower version, not quick counters, we allow their whole team to get back into their shape. The reason being to stop the other teams transitions and getting done on the break. Which is odd considering that’s how we concede most of the time

Without doubt a really important win -

We got back to winning ways

We beat a bogey side

We put 3 points between us and the rags

We kept closer to arsenal, 2 wins against them and we are only 2 points behind them

Maybe most important the gap between us and 5th is 9 points, when it looked like being only 3; should arsenal run away with the league that gives us more latitude to rest players before/after champions league games

For some reason, we give the away fans a quality area to watch the match - there are no crap vantage points in our stadium. I'd rather have them wedged into the corner. In an ideal world I'd stick 'em at the top of the third tier, but I don't fancy the idea of plastic beer glasses half full of piss coming my way.
Can't anyway...

Premier league rules state that away fans must have at least one seating block pitch side.

The rags and barcodes get round it due to 'safety reasons' although I don't know what those reasons are.

For some reason, we give the away fans a quality area to watch the match - there are no crap vantage points in our stadium. I'd rather have them wedged into the corner. In an ideal world I'd stick 'em at the top of the third tier, but I don't fancy the idea of plastic beer glasses half full of piss coming my way.
Half full? I doubt even scousers would be drinking it.

The home end thing sounds like a great idea. Where have you heard that talked about? The expansion will embarrass us unless we make it more affordable as you say.
Given last night was pretty much sold out on a freezing Thursday night, why would the expansion embarrass the club?

Yet again shafted by the ref, some terrible decisions again last night. Lewis got kicked like a goverment mule.
Just watched the game. Ref was worse than I thought he was. There was a foul on Grealish by Romaro that the ref just waved away. Ali Mann called it right on the commentary saying the ref probably didn't give because it would have a second yellow for Romaro. No way Lewis will play on Sunday he was kicked all over the pitch until he went off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.