Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Izzy C said, last night, that Stones caught Ederson's eye which is why the pass came off awkward. She's 100% correct when you look at it on replay.

Ederson glances over to Stones as he's about to play the ball and then spots Rodri, so is caught in two minds whom to pass to. It was poor of Ederson not to hold his hands up instead of blaming Rodri

That was bullshit and I hope he apologised to him, privately.

Can't blame him for the second goal as he was reacting to the first effort and to contort himself for the snap header from the ground? You either make it or don't.
Izzy C said, last night, that Stones caught Ederson's eye which is why the pass came off awkward. She's 100% correct when you look at it on replay.

Ederson glances over to Stones as he's about to play the ball and then spots Rodri, so is caught in two minds whom to pass to. It was poor of Ederson not to hold his hands up instead of blaming Rodri.

That was bullshit and I hope he apologised to him, privately.

Can't blame him for the second goal as he was reacting to the first effort and to contort himself for the snap header from the ground? You either make it or don't.
The pass was to the wrong side of rodri that was the problem, not really his fault for the 2nd, but his kicking was poor last night i thought also? our 4th goal aside!!

It has been said that we want a proper home end. Well, when the North stand is expanded, maximize safe standing and sell tickets at a price people under 25 can afford rather than go for maximum income. I won’t hold my breath.
The home end thing sounds like a great idea. Where have you heard that talked about? The expansion will embarrass us unless we make it more affordable as you say.

I love Ederson, honestly i wouldn't change him for the world. He is perfect for City, there's not a GK in the world i would want above him. But i don't think you can deny that he has been off of late, in the department that he is the greatest in the world. Maybe that is a testament to how amazing he is at it, dropping off a tiny bit makes its glaring, but he def has and i'm sure he would admit it.
People were calling for Ortega a while back - and he's a great GK but he's also been caught out recently. I wouldn't swap Ortega for any other No 2 either.

Half right is just not good enough, Kaz. You heard what Pep said about more effort from the whole organisation. So get your finger out and get your next prediction correct. We can always transfer you to the rags if you don’t perform.

Think we need to keep kaz being the first to post the lineup

Not that I am superstitious !

We need to put the away fans somewhere where they cannot see
For some reason, we give the away fans a quality area to watch the match - there are no crap vantage points in our stadium. I'd rather have them wedged into the corner. In an ideal world I'd stick 'em at the top of the third tier, but I don't fancy the idea of plastic beer glasses half full of piss coming my way.

What confuses me is our slow boring build up is apparently to stop the transition from the opponent. We are still conceding often on that transition so why not revert back to a quicker tempo
We're trying to draw the opposition onto us to pull them out of shape - 'here's the ball, come and get it off us'. You need to be a ballsy character to play for Pep. Ever heard the Nedhum interview about when David bollocked him for not giving him the ball ? Nedhum said to David 'But you were being marked by two players?' David replied something like 'No, no, no - that's exactly when I want the ball'. Every other team passes to the guy in space. We don't do that and that's why we're different and unique.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.