Spurs (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Two Christmas presents for Spurs - who look average at best. Well played to the lads for stepping it up and showing 'em who's the better team. Was at the game but haven't seen the interview. Pep's 100 per cent right. He's a high energy guy and I was hoping we'd create a cauldron atmosphere last night for the team to feed off. I've been going since 1968 and the current long periods of silence in the stands are like a fecking church service - it's embarrassing.

We used to be known for having a crazily noisy home crowd - pre-Etihad. Now we're known for being quiet like Arsenal. Unfortunately, we now have a lot of middle class fans who can afford the tickets. Mr and Mrs Middle Class from Bramhall, Hale and Alderley Edge. They tilt their middle class heads to the side and smile a lot in their designer jeans, make no noise apart from chuntering amongst themselves and leave early. Two years ago, I moved from the North/Family Stand to the East stand to sit with my mate. Jeez, I feel like I've moved to a library. In the North Stand I was nowhere near being the noisiest, but in the East Stand I am. Where I sit now, if I stand up and make some noise, Mr and Mrs Middle Class look at me as though it's 'Sit down, you're embarrassing us.'

We need to start making some noise or Pep will be off sooner than we think. The players feed off crowd energy.
It has been said that we want a proper home end. Well, when the North stand is expanded, maximize safe standing and sell tickets at a price people under 25 can afford rather than go for maximum income. I won’t hold my breath.

I posted yesterday that i dreamt we won 4-0 , i got the second half right !
Half right is just not good enough, Kaz. You heard what Pep said about more effort from the whole organisation. So get your finger out and get your next prediction correct. We can always transfer you to the rags if you don’t perform.

I’ve been, and many others have been, saying for weeks that It’s important to have wingers who attack but I never realised just how much of a change it’d bring.

Our wingers see the ball so much that if their main tactic is to be positive with it rather than maintaining possession, it’s a big fucking deal. I hope that second half is a sign of things to come.

No co-incidence that 2 goals (a cross for the first, and a shot for the third) came from a right winger in Mahrez using his right foot instead of cutting in and using his left foot.

Having watched the goals back today not only was it a shocking pass from ederson to rodri he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with the attempted save either, poor from ederson last night

Having watched the goals back today not only was it a shocking pass from ederson to rodri he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory with the attempted save either, poor from ederson last night

Izzy C said, last night, that Stones caught Ederson's eye which is why the pass came off awkward. She's 100% correct when you look at it on replay.

Ederson glances over to Stones as he's about to play the ball and then spots Rodri, so is caught in two minds whom to pass to. It was poor of Ederson not to hold his hands up instead of blaming Rodri.

That was bullshit and I hope he apologised to him, privately.

Can't blame him for the second goal as he was reacting to the first effort and to contort himself for the snap header from the ground? You either make it or don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.