Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Fuck me. Don’t know what people see with him.

He’s so poor. Him stepping into midfield and being out of position constantly (both in attacking phases and defensively) stitches us up in the transition.

On the ball he plays passes to players who don’t have the time or space to play out (see the second goal today). In fact (and I counted) he played 3 good balls today. Every other pass was square or hospital.

He’s been at the heart of our weakest defence in a few years. Dias has been poor too but I was watching them try to communicate today and it was Sunday League stuff.
Partly agree - he's a poor defender at this level but I think he's our best on the ball apart from Stones.

We usually defend from the front.

Teams are beating the press by playing quick accurate passes across the back line and into midfield.

losing more 50/50 duels.

Short in midfield control leaving us easy to play through.

New players are not consistent and maybe not as good as the players they replaced.

No Kev or Stones. Especially the latter in keeping the middle tight and a big help to Rodri.

You can’t ignore last seasons achievements and the impact it seems to be having.

Pep is also going easy on the players that achieved so much. We can’t start attacking them now after what they have given us. Hopefully the down turn won’t last too long.

Expectations need to be reevaluated.

Suck it up and onto Villa we go.

Walker’s defending for that third goal was absolutely criminal.
I just feel like Akanji is more solid, is better on the ball and is almost as quick anyway.

walker has this season (just from memory) did the ludicrous backheel against Shef U (?), got skinned my Mitoma for a brighton goal, got taken to the cleaners by Sterling and got done today by their striker.

Grealish would have missed it anyway.
I am confident Pep and the team can turn this around. This recent run of form may have us disappointed but I believe it will end up making us hungry. Let’s all stop bashing individuals. It’s not any individuals fault. It’s a team game and Pep will hopefully find the winning formula again.

I’m so disappointed but let’s not turn on our own players. Let this be the start of the club pulling together. Let’s support the boys.

Not really sure where this hunger is going to come from. Pep has been all soft and dismissive since the Wolves game. The players seem to drop off in the second half. It is 6 years since the last time we failed to win 3 games in a row. We seem to struggle to see games out, and seem to struggle to win them late on when level.

Yet all that said, we have a hell of a lot of quality, and we were margins away from winning all 3 of those games!

Maybe Kev coming back will spark something. Maybe that refereeing decision leaves an annoyance that does something. We are certainly capable.

Shite though that decision at the end was, there’s no way I’m blaming Hooper for 2 more points tossed away. The reality is that we’ve let both Spurs and Chelsea do us in stoppage time this season, the dippers with just 9 minutes left to play and Arsenal with 4 minutes left to play. 3 points from 4 fucking games against our immediate rivals tells its own story.
As soon as we get put under pressure by a decent team, we crumble. The prolonged absence of Stones has been a key factor, but even without him there’s no excuse for some of the piss weak one on one defending we’ve seen in recent weeks. 10 goals conceded in the last 4 games. We finished the game today with 4 x CB’s, 2 x FB’s and 2 x DM’s on the pitch and yet we continued to let them walk through us in the middle of the park to then create overloads for their wide players to cross the ball into our box. We lost in stoppage time against the same team in almost identical fashion 2 years ago, when Kane muscled across in front of an oblivious full back to score with a header, so it was pretty fucking galling to defend just as badly again today.
The dippers scored twice at the death again this afternoon, Arsenal did the same the week before. We might still look like champions at times, but if we don’t sort this shit out whereby we look like conceding every time the opposition launches a long ball counterattack, then we won’t be for much fucking longer. I’m hoping Stones will be fit for Villa, cos, alongside Son and Salah, Ollie Watkins is a prime exponent of the art, and the way Dias and Akanji are defending at the moment, we looked ill prepared to deal with that attacking MO

Without Rodri too. Huge game. Could be 6 points behind by time we play em too!
Just cannot get my head around himself and Grealish getting booked
I'm sure Grealish knows that Doku came off with some sort of injury and he would be needed for the Villa match.
Gets booked for kicking the ball away.
If they both got booked against Villa, I could understand it a bit more, knowing that Luton are up after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.