Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Completely agree, but for some reason we seem to struggle attracting the very top unless there’s a release clause. We bid for Rice, and were serious about Bellingham, yet somehow didn’t manage to persuade them, despite just winning the treble. I think we need to be offering stupid wages or greasing the palms of agents and/or players families. Pretty sure other top clubs all do that. Still pissed off we didn’t raise our bid for Rice, pretty sure he’d have chosen us over the arses.

Who’s available in summer that’d be worth signing though? Only Mbappe and he’s nailed on for Real Madrid.
Players are always available for the right price. The problem I see with recruiting is that we have rested on our laurels to an extent. We rely on players choosing to work with Pep. The club has worked hard to try and change the city spend obscene amounts on players and rightly we are proud of the revenue brought in and buying players for “fair” value.

I suspect we expect Pep to continue to turn good players into great players but that won’t always be the case. The squad needs a smallish rebuild in midfield with a proper Rodri helper or someone who can play beside him and does what stones can do. We also need a new dictator in the form of silva/Gundo.

We have far too many squad fillers who don’t contribute and thus the good players don’t get a chance to rest properly. Also I would like the boss to give either Foden or Jack a proper chance in midfield. Maybe dosent want to place someone in their permanent with Kev due back?

I haven’t a clue who we are after but it is time in a rebuild to buy top quality. We rave about the revenues so let’s spend some of it now.

Rice knew he could not replace Rodri and didn’t want to be backup. Bellingham’s family wanted the prestigious of Madrid so what can the club do about that? We all agree that the club has issues releasing players and recruiting last summer. I expect a better go of it this time around.

Recruiting is so important and so easy to get wrong. Interesting times ahead.

I am calm, I get upset during the match but what I won’t be is ungrateful nor conveniently forget what the majority of the squad has achieved. Continuing to win while changing personal is a bloody hard job. The whole club has excelled in that regard.

No pointing fingers, they will sit down and try to put it right. Maybe a new signing in Jan would be a start?

That game today was crying out for a player to take it by the scruff and control the tempo. We have bought a lot of players who can dribble with the ball but very few who can dictate a game. Need to put that right.

Last edited:
Completely agree, but for some reason we seem to struggle attracting the very top unless there’s a release clause. We bid for Rice, and were serious about Bellingham, yet somehow didn’t manage to persuade them, despite just winning the treble. I think we need to be offering stupid wages or greasing the palms of agents and/or players families. Pretty sure other top clubs all do that. Still pissed off we didn’t raise our bid for Rice, pretty sure he’d have chosen us over the arses.

Who’s available in summer that’d be worth signing though? Only Mbappe and he’s nailed on for Real Madrid.

I’d rather get relegated than sign Mbappe.

Perfect the for rags, he’s an over priced over hyped little prima donna.

Forget the myth about Doku being the new Ussain Bolt. He is quick over 5 yards, not 75.
He was effective as Cancelo was at Clanfield as last man last season
Cancelo is a defender. He misjudged the long ball against Liverpool. It was a big error, but it happens.
Doku is a winger. He tracked back, but was not clever enough, strong enough or ruthless enough to stop the danger.
Spurs made that chance through a clever passing movement.
Liverpool (as they often do) just hit a long ball and hoped for the best.
Don't think you can compare Doku's mistake to that of Cancelo...

What’s going on with the defense?

Good point salvaged but that decision to pull it back couldn’t have been more corrupt!
Dias is having his patchiest spell, Stones is out and Akanji, for all his qualities, isn't as good at that role. Gvardiol is still settling, and Doku doesn't give him much support. The midfield doesn't have as much control, and we have been playing without our two midfield signings due to injury.

Cancelo is a defender. He misjudged the long ball against Liverpool. It was a big error, but it happens.
Doku is a winger. He tracked back, but was not clever enough, strong enough or ruthless enough to stop the danger.
Spurs made that chance through a clever passing movement.
Liverpool (as they often do) just hit a long ball and hoped for the best.
Don't think you can compare Doku's mistake to that of Cancelo...
No but people on here assume Doku is the fastest thing since Bolt because he can ‘sometimes’ go past somebody from a stand start over a few yards.
Cancelo should have done better bearing in mind him being a ‘defender,
Either way, the wrong man In the wrong position. One because he wasn’t mentally tough and one because he wasn’t suited to it.

Alvarez piss poor for weeks now. I realise he’s playing out of position, but he’s lacklustre and is giving up possession too often
Alvarez made 7 key passes today, including an excellent assist. He also was close to scoring when he hit a post. That hardly counts as piss poor.

He was at fault though for their second goal when he conceded possession with a poor choice of pass.

Forget the myth about Doku being the new Ussain Bolt. He is quick over 5 yards, not 75.
He was effective as Cancelo was at Clanfield as last man last season

Not sure why he even should be last man. They are a countering team, we are susceptible on the counter, but we persistently have 9-10 players in the final third for set pieces

People gonna blame the defence but fuck me how many chances did we squander. It happens but it won’t keep happening, once again we play a top 6 team and are much the better side. Over the course of a season that will stand us in good stead.

Champions again come May
Finally someone talking sense
Today's dropped points was down to poor finishing in the first half just as much as the defence or the referee.

Not sure why he even should be last man. They are a countering team, we are susceptible on the counter, but we persistently have 9-10 players in the final third for set pieces
And despite having 9-10 players in the final 3rd we barely score from a corner. I bet we concede more from the subsequent counter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.