Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Alisson saving that Foden's shot to the lower left corner going through the forest of legs and Eddie not saving Lo Celso's this afternoon is what's been happening to us since September. Finding extremely difficult to score and so easy to concede. The number of goals we've been shipping is just not normal and the set up of our MF is just not right.
I read Pep's thoughts in todays Observer before jumping into the car and I almost knew it was going to be bad.
We are ticking all the wrong boxes right now, our goal is like a ball-magnet, the second half shit performances are as regular as the rain coming across The Irish Sea, total loss of player's concentration and the game control, conceding late goals, all the boxes ticked. He better change something in our game, because this shit is not working. I actually feel quite dejected, better off going to bed. No more home games for me until mid February.

At the back we are clearly missing Stones badly and Ake needs to be given the left back slot back. Akanji isnt at his best and probably needs a period out of a 1st team starting slot as well - He clearly doesn't do the Stones role well.
With alĺ that, we still should have won though - too many chances missed and a marked drop off in pace and energy in the second half.
Gvardiol should probably play centre half or in the hybrid role against Villa as even if Stones is fit he would probably need to start in Rodri's place.

Last edited:
Not sure why he even should be last man. They are a countering team, we are susceptible on the counter, but we persistently have 9-10 players in the final third for set pieces
To be fair, that attack should have been stopped on the edge of their box by Phil. Once he ‘missed’ the tackle, the alarm bells were ringing

The premier league is trying do anything they can to stop man city from winning the 4th consecutive title, but i trust my team and pep we can still win.
I trust pep to find our defensive problems and solve it soon, the guy is genius so trust the process and stop moaning guys.

Just arrived home from the game so only seen a few posts but the stench of overreaction is strong.

No, it’s not good enough that we have thrown away so many points late in games from leading positions. Too many mistakes are being made at both ends of the pitch but much of our play is good, because we have fantastic players.

We are missing Stones, KDB and Gundo; hard not to.

Two of those players should be back before too long but Gundo ultimately chose to leave so it is no use bemoaning his absence too much. However it does so how underrated he was by far too many supporters for much of his time at City. His game intelligence is a miss. However, he is the only player from last season’s best XI that has gone. I do wonder if Jack could move into his role.
I always assumed that Jack would be Gundo’s replacement in midfield. He drives forward, keeps possession and does the defensive side too. I’d like to see him alongside Rodri and Kev.

Not sure why the club has resisted all these years (decades) to get a quality left back in, someone similar to Walker's standard. They had us on toast down the left side all that second half. Ange clearly targeted Gvardiol as a weak link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.