Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Same stuff repeated every week now.good point against Chelsea Good point against Pool good point against Tottenham. One point in matches we won last time around against teams who are not as strong In current form is not good
No sorry I meant the post I was replying to had a good point!

It’s a fucking shit 2 points dropped against a team we should be beating

Just seen a replay of the refereeing decision. Appalling. Scandalous.
Fuckin bent.

Read this on Wiki..

Premier League[edit]​

Richard Masters was appointed as the Chief Executive of the Premier League in November 2019,[3] following a year-long interim period in the position after the previous incumbent Richard Scudamore's resignation in December 2018.[4] Masters' role of Chief Executive was created after Richard Scudamore's Executive Chairman role was split into the two roles of Chief Executive and Chairman following Scudamore's resignation.[5] Whilst Gary Hoffman was appointed as the new chairman on 24 April 2020,[5] Masters retains authority as holding the highest position at the Premier League, with his other responsibilities including leading negotiations on new media rights contracts, resolving club disputes and ownership issues, and overseeing operations.[6]

Masters was the Premier League's fourth choice for the role, following a protracted recruitment process that involved Susanna Dinnage, Tim Davie and David Pemsel all being offered, but later declining the position.[7][6] There were accusations that the biggest teams in the Premier League held too much influence over the process, with Liverpool and Manchester United alleged to have held private talks with candidates chosen by the Premier League's official nominating committee, before deciding whether or not to enact their unofficial veto over the decision.[6]

What does that tell you ?

We won because we smothered teams. Total control so they sat so deep they couldn't break. We are now playing rush footy, risk taking and trying to outscore.
It’s so far from everything Pep holds sacred, I dont know whats going on with him.
Good post.

No sorry I meant the post I was replying to had a good point!

It’s a fucking shit 2 points dropped against a team we should be beating
Yes you’re right we should but Spurs under this new manager are a very dangerous counter attacking team lead by the superb Son. He was magnificent and over us like a rash in that second half.

It was, but it isn't the reason we dropped 2 points. We missed a sackful of chances and collectively defended like a pub team (again!).
Eddie turned into a chocolate teapot, Kyle and Father Rueben not closing down fast enough, Erling had a Regi Blinker, mixed with a sprinkling of unluckiness and bad refereeing

Woke up at half two this morning, absolutely fuming over the result still. Not done that for a good long time.

I think it's a combination of missing great chances to win it, defending worse than my nana could do, and an absolutely appalling referring decision to deny us that last minute chance. Not saying grealish puts it away, but he deserved the chance to try. A shockingly bad piece of officiating which may have influenced both the result and title race, and given how it happened it's hard to say it was just an error - he has the fail-safes of his assistant plus var, but decides to blow anyway after already waving play on? Hmmm.

That's we the other doubts creep in. Why did he book Rodri so early but let Le Celso get away with several similar challenges? Why do we have a player booked for kicking the ball away but spurs didn't on at least three occasions? Why did he let their keeper take almost a whole minute to take a goal kick in injury time?

Nothing to be done about it now, but if there was ever a time for a happy flowers moment again, then this is it. The answer is to put ourselves in the position where even dodgy officiating can't influence the result.

As for the BBC, I see they're trying to suggest Haaland should be banned for posting 'wtf' on Twitter in response to a clip of the crap decision claiming he critisised the referee and even stating exactly what he had posted. Normally the BBC don't write the alleged post or words said in their articles I've noticed over the years, yet here they both state it with explanation (apparently wtf is definitively 'offensive slang'!) and show a screenshot. Pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.