Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

It's Gundog we're missing, Rodri can't do it all on his own. There's just no control in midfield atm
We currently have players in midfield who can only do one aspect of the role well - Alvarez I like but defensively he’s poor chases lost causes but teams play round him. Losing KDB and Gundo is massive they’re brilliant at both the dirty jobs and going forward. Also both leaders who take responsibility and their authority is evident in the pitch. We have no leaders bar Rodri at min for me. I know it’s not the norm but we need reinforcements in Jan

It's Gundog we're missing, Rodri can't do it all on his own. There's just no control in midfield atm
Gundog kept the midfield really tidy either as a starter or from the bench. I think Rodri is being asked to do this as well as create, intercept etc. Another body is required in there imo.

I remember talk similar to this exactly a year ago. I’d rather have our bad period now and still be at the top almost. We’ll be fine

just watched the highlights, after a friend posted that ''here is 100% match fixing of ref''.
watched the incident. i would say ''unbelievable'' but i will not. since i ve experienced too many match fixing lately.
the thing is, they started to this shit in the highest level; champs league and premier league...
anyway
cheers
have a nice week

We currently have players in midfield who can only do one aspect of the role well - Alvarez I like but defensively he’s poor chases lost causes but teams play round him. Losing KDB and Gundo is massive they’re brilliant at both the dirty jobs and going forward. Also both leaders who take responsibility and their authority is evident in the pitch. We have no leaders bar Rodri at min for me. I know it’s not the norm but we need reinforcements in Jan
We will have reinforcements in January, Stones and KDB.

We will have reinforcements in January, Stones and KDB.
Thought KDB was Feb? We will still need players surely Phillips will leave and someone will come in. Not sure Kovacic and Nunes are good enough either.

Well, there is a huge Gundogan shaped hole in our team this year :(

I thought letting Chelsea off the hook was annoying, and Liverpool annoyed me too, but this Spurs game was the latest chapter in our midfield's inability to control games. HT we should have been out of sight, but hey ho we weren't, but to surrender control of the game and reduce it to a slogging match was never going to end well.

Doku is dangerous and Foden was alright. i still think Haaland plays ok even when he misses flipping sitters. For me Akanji is not Ake's level and Kovacic has no definition, Pep needs to hammer him into shape.

The ref's decision at the end was pathetic but there was still tonnes to do, it wasn't like he disallowed a goal, we seem to be getting a bit wrapped up in the ref here when our problems really are mostly with the team.

I remember talk similar to this exactly a year ago. I’d rather have our bad period now and still be at the top almost. We’ll be fine
This talk is all well and good, but we have a different group of players this year. Think we're really missing the control and calmness of Gundogan. Its clear rodri cant do it all himself, and when he has a poor game theres no one to bail him out.

We can still do it, but i have reservations over the teams mentality this year compared to last. We need to bring more grit and resilience to the midfield and defence if we're going to have any chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.