Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

We should be pushing this more. The scousers would be kicking up hell now with that decision. The manager, team and fans deserve to know why he did what he did.
Having looked at it a couple of times now, Hooper blows (albeit quietly) when Haaland gets fouled, signals for a City free kick, Haaland thinks he's playing advantage so carries on, then the ref blows up again for him kicking a moving ball. A bad call but not as mystifying as I first thought.

I can’t think what he would say. I wonder what he said to the players. The 4th official knew he had fucked up.

Once he's played on he has to see it through to it's conclusion. He clearly goes to blow, sees Haaland has recovered and plays on. He appears to be getting something related to him and then blows. We won't ever know if Grealish would have scored or not but he was in a great position. These bizarre decisions are happening every week in the premier league and they have to be transparent when they do.

I’m away so only got chance to see the second half. Which was shite.

Absolutely livid (still) at that decision at the end. Surprised they (FA/PGMOL) haven’t released any form of explanation about it.

Was the first half any better?

Having looked at it a couple of times now, Hooper blows (albeit quietly) when Haaland gets fouled, signals for a City free kick, Haaland thinks he's playing advantage so carries on, then the ref blows up again for him kicking a moving ball. A bad call but not as mystifying as I first thought.

No sky showed it with the sound amplified. He goes to blow, sees Haaland has recovered, takes his whistle away and looks like he's playing on. After the pass is made you clearly hear the whistle.

[QUOTE="Millwallawayveteran1988, post: 16687230, member: 32909"

Son v Doku is only going to end one way.

Really? Doku is one of a few is up to matching Son’s pace. He needs to get an effective challenge in. He will learn - his challenge needs to stop Son - if it’s a yellow card, so be it. Hopefully he takes the ball. It’s a professional sport and at 21 years old, Doku still has a lot to learn.
[/QUOTE]

Doku has very little pace down the pitch. His turn of speed is effective over 10 yards but most of the rest of the team would easily outrun him tracking back against the likes of Son. It’s why Grealish is a far better option for that kind of play down the left, as we saw against Son himself last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.