Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 17 Aug 2019.

1. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

The operative word being 'deemed', even though it wasn't accidental given that his hand was in a unnatural position. Again, I would bet my house that it would not have been given the other way round.

2. mat

mat

"Sometimes it's the hands by Llorente..."

Pep telling it as it is.

3. PatK

PatK

Yep

4. Metalartin

Metalartin

Well if all the VAR mistakes(and yes they made 2 today) come in big games with small margins then there will be a good case to put the argument that they are using it selectively to City's detriment. We know the PL aren't happy with City's dominance, would it really surprise anyone? Anyone saying it's 100% certain might be going over the top but equally saying it's impossible is very naive. Read some news stories about real corruption that's actually happened, corruption is not make believe, humans in high places have been doing it for donkeys years and it's a pattern that repeats throughout history.

5. AliBobbyJ

AliBobbyJ

The only certain answer is WIN EVERY BLOODY GAME BY TWO CLEAR GOALS. And that's shouting.

6. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

of course we had to be dicked last season by the old handball rule which helped Spurs, now we are dicked by the new handball rule and again it helps Spurs.... no excuses though we should have fucking buried them

7. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    Precisely. Its was a great performance. We were a bit wasteful but our football was breathtaking at times.

8. simon23

simon23

how do you know what Oliver said? I saw he same pictures as you and took it as that he was pointing to his ear saying that VAR had checked it and said no penalty...

So again how do you know what Oliver was saying?

9. bluesteel

bluesteel

Same, I didn’t think it would matter as we were playing them off the park. Ultimately we didn’t put more than two of the many many chances we created away and that’s why we didn’t win.

I celebrated both the late goals in the two games vs Spurs so I feel robbed even though they were correct.

I think VAR will favour us in the long run.

I think the foul in the first half doesn’t get a pen in the last few seasons 100% of the time even if the ref sees it in real time. I was expecting VAR to give them, but anyway, it’s not why we drew, shit finishing. :(

10. madloaf

madloaf

It was incredible it wasn't a penalty in the first half [for the foul on Rodri in the box] but VAR said it wasn't and then at the end they did. I'm pretty sure people were happy today we just need to work harder at scoring our chances.

In other words - the fix is in.