Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Well that’s all a bit a shit but let’s look closely at the game....

Kev is seriously getting back to where he was
We fucking absolutely took the piss out of a supposed title rival
We have two strikers looking bang up for it
Rodri is getting better with every game
Raz is just going Stellar (second half a bit quiet)
Pep will use this as fuel
We will even with VAR will win this league

Is the correct answer, could see us going on another long run of wins. We’ve learned three things today;

1. We are still fucking brilliant
2. VAR will be used against us where possible (is anyone going to say that Man U or the Dippers wouldn’t have got that penalty today?)
3. We need to take our chances (which we will do 9 games out of 10) to override point 2.

These controversies should not overshadow what was yet another phenomenal team performance.

It seems to me that utimately an official at various stages during a game decides when to take a play to VAR review. He decided that a shove or ' fall' in the penalty area didn't need to be reviewed and didn't tell the ref . My question : can the referee then refer said shove or fall for review ( Var) ? Or is every referee at the mercy of a VAR official who would then appear to be sovereign? Who decides to send a particular play to Var ? Can someone please tell me ? I'm not clear on it .
Already I believe we are VARRED more times than anyone else after only two games. Bias anyone ?

We shouldn't need to score 3 goals per game btw . There was some waste . Pep will put it right .

We were miles the better team and deserved to win . We will now win so so many games this season after this minor upset. Pep and Arteta will find a way .
I'm not clear on it either but just heard apparently the VAR can't overrule the on-field if the ref has seen it. So it's just whether the ref decides to say he's seen it...

Agree with you though. Shouldn't have to but we've reached greater heights than other teams before and I'm confident we can do it again.

I think the foul against Laporte was even clearer and should have been a pen.

This. Although it died that night in April as well...maybe we just have to accept that bad decisions will be made for the emotional joy of goals and the agonising pains of being screwed by officials.
Maybe. But the biggest buzz is celebrating a goal at a game. I don't want to feel as though I can't celebrate until VAR has picked over the bones.

I’m stood there thinking they will find something to disallow this goal and they did We are being shafted and it’s as I predicted when VAR was first suggested in a call to 606 This could end up being my last season if it continues and that will kill me

Looked like it was getting boisterous at the divide between the fans. I was at the far end of the ground (302),so it was hard to tell if it got nasty or not.

I didnt see whether the the ref was looking at the incident so ill have to defer to a much cleaver cock in you on that one.

I did watch the game...

I thought it was a stonewall penalty the first time of seeing it....I blame the ref for making the wrong call - not VAR
Isn't the purpose of VAR to correct the decisions when the ref makes the wrong call?

1. We are still fucking brilliant
2. VAR will be used against us where possible (is anyone going to say that Man U or the Dippers wouldn’t have got that penalty today?)
3. We need to take our chances (which we will do 9 games out of 10) to override point 2.

These controversies should not overshadow what was yet another phenomenal team performance.

And yet they do.

It was a penalty clear as day. If we’re going to have to pay the price of marginal offsides and dodgy handballs then VAR has to pay back by correcting obvious errors like this. If it isn’t going to do that then it’s time to scrap it.

the thing about offside is its either on or off....black or white, yes or no. (though as demoed last week with the disussion about camera speeds its debateable due to the distance a player can move (esp someone like sterling) in the time between the ball first making contact with the passers foot and the ball leaving the the players foot.

the issue with fouls is that there is interpritation of what a foul is (or not)...its not black and white like hand ball (and they have changed the rule on this to make it really easy now) or offside

Rule it out and give a penalty for the foul on Laporte before it was the only way that call is justified for me. If we miss the pen so be it but that was the least we deserved from that passage of play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.