Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Obviously not one of the main talking points of the game but thought this deserved a mention to call out Oliver’s awful display

Spurs free kick

Now that I've calmed down, if any team shouldn't have to worry about VAR as much as other teams it's City. Other teams have many more tight games over the course of a season, it should affect the rest of the top 6 more than it does City logically thinking. That game shouldn't have been close to begin with which is why the VAR mistakes sting so much.

Lets wait and see, if Liverpool try an scrape 1-0s like there were doing last season. When they went through their sticky patch and goals start getting ruled out on the tightest of calls. That no one else saw and are still unsure on the replays. Then some of my faith will be restored.

It's going to be a painful adjustment for many fans not just City ones.

Totally disagree. Let’s see how many goals are chalked off for Liverpool and united.

Totally disagree. Let’s see how many goals are chalked off for Liverpool and united.
All I'm saying is at least wait until we have seen them get different treatment rather than get worked up before we've got evidence of it. Maybe they will surprise us? We'll see how the Spurs fans take it, especially the Liverpool fans. That would be fun.

If our fears on VAR double standards are confirmed, then we are fully justified in making a lot of noise about it.

You’s were unlucky not to win! You’s looked great going forward. It’s in defence where you look shaky, you could really have done with another centre back to replace kompany!
You say shaky, but a “shaky” defence doesn’t only concede 2 shots all match to top 6 rival. Your defence was shaky, we just found every way possible to not finish chances.

You say shaky, but a “shaky” defence doesn’t only concede 2 shots all match to top 6 rival. Your defence was shaky, we just found every way possible to not finish chances.

We are very good at limiting attempts. Not so good at preventing goals from the few chances we concede. Both goals were very poor defending I thought.

It took 2 minutes to rule out right?

That’s a fucking Long time, and the only reasonable conclusion you can take from it taking that long is they were actively looking for a reason to rule it out. Especially as not a single soul on the pitch claimed or believed it was anything other than a goal.

One word; Corruption.
Spot on

Clearly there's two ways of dealing with injustice for City fans.

Those that wind everyone else up(blanket "conspiracy theorists" generalisations) and claim "There's nothing to see here, it was all our players fault, take it out on them". Maybe because they can't deal with the idea that we've actually been shafted. That would be my guess.

Then there's those who face up to it and maybe react a bit strongly at times(yes some do go over the top) but will eventually calm down and realise it's not just City on the wrong end of things all the time. I'd rather vent my frustrations, than pretend it didn't happen/bottle it up.

The handball call was correct by the letter of the law but they should have spotted his arm was dragged back before it, which is foul play and directly influenced that call. Everyone agrees Rodri should have been awarded a penalty. It's 2 decisions that didn't go our way, not great but not a bucket full(we've had more bad calls without VAR in place) and could easily even out and happen to Spurs or Liverpool in another game.

VAR will hopefully get better and we'll start benefiting from it. The season has only just begun.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.