Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Yess weve let scousers back in it,but city wont just loose there heads no fuckin way,im a bit wery of who we get in quaters of cl as the liverpool game is slap bang in the middle,but thats the same for them,it actually could be them which will just be an awfull week if goes pairshaped,but i have faith there will be a reaction at everton next week,also liverpool have to win there game in hand which isnt a given,theyve got a few tough games before us arsenal a west ham h man utd h it wont be plain sailin for them,yesterday was a shocker no doubt about it,but we move on and go again ,wud much rather be in our position than liverpools all day.

Think 3 at the back with stones dias Laporte was an option and play Cancelo and Walker as wingbacks then you have to drop one of Kdb gundogan or foden

Mentally we're very fragile? No we are not. We were jaded after midweek and not one player had a good game. When that happens you're vulnerable.
But if you don't plan to defend against a team that has no ambition other than counter-attacking you will get done every time by strikers who can't believe the chances they are gifted.

Missed the game yesterday due to feeling poorly…saw the result. Decided to have some soup and go back to sleep, hoping I’d wake up and it was a dream.

I’m up now, and it’s not a dream. Haven’t been able to watch the game yet. Did the lads put up a fight? Was it some ref bs? Unlucky on the day? Just a bad day at the office?

Regardless of the win, I’m sure Pep and the lads will want to rectify it in the next match. Like someone else said, last time a loss happened, the team went on a 12 game win streak.
The early goal you've seen Spurs score against us a billion times spooked us, it took us longer than it does to find our rhythm, just as we'd clawed our way back into the game Spurs score the same goal against us. Repeat again. Our defending looked as poor as it has with Pep since Dias joined, and their back five swallowed the space which we never quite figured out how to exploit. I wouldn't watch it, tbh, I won't be watching the highlights.

The early goal you've seen Spurs score against us a billion times spooked us, it took us longer than it does to find our rhythm, just as we'd clawed our way back into the game Spurs score the same goal against us. Repeat again. Our defending looked as poor as it has with Pep since Dias joined, and their back five swallowed the space which we never quite figured out how to exploit. I wouldn't watch it, tbh, I won't be watching the highlights.
Sounds like the midfield/defence weren’t on their game. How did Rodri play? Thanks for the brief.

As Pep has always said, losing in football is natural, it's what you do after defeat that is important.
It is natural, but it will be more apparent if your defence presenst one gift, let alone three. Defending is an integral part of the game. If it weren't why buy the likes of Walker, Stones, Diaz, Cancelo, and Laporte? But if you want to turn your defenders into quasi-attackers then you could be in trouble. Spurs had no real pace up front, and Walker was always odds on to win a sprint, but the quality of pass and vision that Spurs produced approaching our area was always gonna bring a bad day at The Etihad.

They did to get themselves back into it, I would have been happy with the point but we got suckered a third time. The tracking for some of the goals was shocking.
From what another poster alluded to, seem the lads were poor defensively yesterday. Hopefully, it’s only a blip

But if you don't plan to defend against a team that has no ambition other than counter-attacking you will get done every time by strikers who can't believe the chances they are gifted.
I think some of us are being a bit knee jerk after yesterday. We need to go on another winning run, which we are very cable of. Sometimes you get beat that is the way it goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.