Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Yep, for some reason of late, he is has tweaked Foden and Bernardo positions?

They are far too high against a five and when you have Kev's high risk passing added into the mix, it doesn't take much for decent teams to break on us.

We are at our most effective when Foden and Bernie make the three in the engine room, simply because Rodri doesn't have the engine and people run off the back of him.

For me, there is a time and place for Kev to be in the team at the same time as all the other attackers.

Mahrez is pivotal right now and if that means one of Kev or Phil needs to start on the bench and we are more solid, then that's what we do.

Gundo in the false nine, Bernie and Phil in the middle with Rodri and Mahrez wide right, that's my preferred starters.
Phil right now needs to be dropped, think last nights fiasco will be his downfall & not talking about another poor performance v Spurs

I think that’s a bit of a nonsense to be honest. Zinchenko doesn’t have the match winning quality that Cancelo has but he is far more stable in terms of game to game performances and his retention and contribution to the rhythm helps us so much.
Bang on the money, Cancelo looks like he is treading water in those games we were caught out loads yesterday, Sporting early doors & even Games before that

Back to basics for me we need to re group.

Stones & Zinchenko & Mahrez has to start that decision yesterday was shocking

Kane been anonymous for most of the season because a club tapped him up and then didn’t follow through with a proper concrete offer.
It’s also disrespectful to say we just sat in and played long balls. Our goals were all fantastic football that carved you open. Your two goals were a lucky penalty you only got because our sliding player isn’t an amputee, and one Lloris chucked in for you.
The entitlement is amazing. You deserved nothing. Possession is always going to happen when you have some of the best passing talent in Europe
wow.

Still fucking fuming over that disaster of a game,the total naivety of getting it to 2-2 with 5 mins to go and losing how the fuck do champions become so amateur in that period yes I understand go for the win but absolutely leaving yourself open like that is embarrassing,the defence was a shambles whenever they attacked ffs..

Still fucking fuming over that disaster of a game,the total naivety of getting it to 2-2 with 5 mins to go and losing how the fuck do champions become so amateur in that period yes I understand go for the win but absolutely leaving yourself open like that is embarrassing,the defence was a shambles whenever they attacked ffs..
Happened against Leeds and rags, so nothing new about this, that missed point may cost us the title.

I see a lot of games like yesterday's over the road when I watch the women. Teams that line up in full defensive mode and wait for a lapse, mistake or refereeing largesse to score, but with an emphasis in their play of stopping us from scoring. If you have a team of athletes who can keep their shape, press any attacker on the ball, get lucky with blocks, waste every fuckin' second they can, feign injury as part of the game plan, then yer in with a shout of at least a point or three. The trouble is that two minutes into a game we see the same pattern, and the dispiriting thing is that we continue to bang our heads on the same brick wall - Southampton, Palace, Wolves and now Haringey! And we won one of those I think! I would have thought that the skill we have on the pitch and in the technical area would be sufficient to find several ways of outfoxing the teams who turn up with that philisophy.

We had 44 crosses and the tallest player was about 5’8, Pep could have surely taken off Bernardo or Foden and brought on Delap.

Pep is a genius but sometimes he appears too stubborn to be radical in game.

Pep is still the best manager ever but Mancini always tried to change patterns to the play if we were struggling as a comparison for this type of situation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.